What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Birds injury

Sharkie73

Bench
Anyone know what his injury was?? he didn't look to good coming off. when I was leaving paramedics and a ambulance turned up and headed for the dressing rooms.

cronullashark

Juniors
Hagan hails Joey's winning performance

Newcastle coach Michael Hagan has hailed the performance of Andrew Johns as one of his best ever captain's knocks after the Knights maestro engineered a gutsy 22-18 NRL win over Cronulla at Toyota Park.

Johns backed up a tremendous kicking game with the match-winning try to reaffirm the Knights' spot in the top eight and consign the Sharks to a fifth straight defeat.

After pressuring the top four only a matter of weeks ago the Sharks could now find themselves as low as tenth by the end of the weekend if results go against them.

With the Sharks up 18-16 in a see-sawing contest which had already seen the lead change hands four times, Johns put the Knights up for good 19 minutes from time when he beat a flimsy effort from Sharks prop Hutch Maiava to dive over next to the posts.

"I thought one of his outstanding games as captain," Hagan said afterwards.

"He was extremely positive in his performance ... his vision and his awareness was again extremely good, his kicking game was of the highest order, I couldn't rap him enough."

The champion No.7 deflected the praise to his teammates before declaring the Knights contenders for this year's title.

"Once we're in the semis I think we've got the big name players, I think we're a chance," he said.

Johns had the Sharks back three under pressure all game with an aerial assault which will likely give makeshift fullback Brett Kearney nightmares for days to come.

His first high ball led to a George Carmont try after just eight minutes while the home side was trapped in its own in-goal on several occasions after failing to effectively diffuse the bombing raids.

Some clever work from Paul Gallen got the Sharks back into the contest with the NSW Origin backrower scoring one try and setting up another for fellow backrower Lance Thompson before Brian Carney cut the gap to two just before the break.

Both sides started poorly in the second stanza with rival forwards Adam Woolnough and Reece Williams trading tries, Sharks coach Stuart Raper critical of his side's inability to take advantage of a series of dropped balls inside their own half by the visitors.

"We're playing at a certain level but it's not getting us a victory," Raper said.

"This game's all about winning and we're not doing that at the moment.

"We've got to realise that, the players have got to realise that, sometimes doing so much is good but it's not good enough."

The Sharks could be without Greg Bird for some time, the in form backrower suffering a suspected broken rib late in the contest.

Source:http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...ing-performance/2006/07/29/1153816412963.html

imasharkie

Coach
Nobby passed the hospital pass of the season to end Birdie's year.

f*cken dipsh*t of a halfback.

Wish he'd piss off.

Sharkie73

Bench
imasharkie said:
Nobby passed the hospital pass of the season to end Birdie's year.

f*cken dipsh*t of a halfback.

Wish he'd piss off.

I missed the incident IMA what happened?? I jus saw Birdy be assisted off the field

Fin077

Juniors
I noticed Noddy gave Birdy a pat on the a$$ while he was laying there in pain, as if to say "ummm sorry 'bout that mate".

shark_fin_soup

Juniors
noddy, what a f**king pr|ck of a halfback to give that hospital pass with nothing on for bird. simpson and joey was really for it and smashed bird at the right spot and the right time.

great work kimmorley. what ever happen to your plan of being less involved like you said before

Sharkie™

Juniors
yeh that hospital ball was a joke, i feel sorry for bird and all the other players that have to fear for their season everytime noddy touches the ball, he needs to mix it up a bit and when he sees a player getting lined up, not pass the ball to him.

then they wonder why players are reluctant to sign, because with noddy at the helm they are well aware they are going to get pole axed.

imasharkie

Coach
Birdie's season is f*cked because of our so called marquee player. It was the 2nd last tackle of the game Sharkie73 and on the half-way. Birdie was absolutly smashed and Nobby gave that stupid grin he comes up with.

He's a f*cken tool.

spider

Coach
imasharkie said:
Birdie's season is f*cked because of our so called marquee player. It was the 2nd last tackle of the game Sharkie73 and on the half-way. Birdie was absolutly smashed and Nobby gave that stupid grin he comes up with.

He's a f*cken tool.

the same one when he misses kicks at goal.

imasharkie

Coach
Generalzod said:
It was just announced on radio that Bird is out for the season.

Sharks should do the same with Nobby. It's any wonder our forwards are all fatigued at this time of the season as they've all copped the andoball from Nobby and are running softly now just waiting for the big hits.

veryhappyshark

Juniors
dykes needs to play more first receiver...he gets to little time at first receiver with noddy in the team...
someone has to make way..for the sake of the team and the season

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I think it's worse than a broken rib. Some word about that the rib has dislocated off the sternum and the sternum as well might be fractured.

spider

Coach
Frenzy. said:
I think it's worse than a broken rib. Some word about that the rib has dislocated off the sternum and the sternum as well might be fractured.

Thats a Fubar.