What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BJ Leilua

Wizardman

First Grade
Im the first to admit that when Leilua was on offer after the Raiders were looking to cut him, I wanted to sign him. Our backline was absolute shit and I thought he was worth a shot. We all knew he was a rocks and diamonds type player and were prepared to ride the good with the bad.

Fast forward a season and a game, this wage thief has only played one good game for the club (a win against the Dogs). Every other game he has played has been very average to absolute dogshit and being a liability.

He is unbelievably easy to niggle and put off his game. Just niggle him or even more effective, his brother and Leilua is off with the clouds. He puts his tough guy ego above the team and Im f**king tired of seeing it as a supporter. We are depending on this guys talent (which he does have) to get us somewhere and are constantly let down by his ego and lack of real drive to get going.

He needs a dose of humility by playing a stint in the NSW cup. A suspension won't do the trick. He needs to play with guys in front of a few hundred people to get some sort of team ethics and desire going. He is too talented to cut at this stage but he needs to be put on notice or go at the end of the year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It feels like he doesn't give a shit about the results. Like playing for the Tigers is a joke and he's just mucking around for 80 mins.

If I was Madge I'd give him 2 more games to get his shit together then I'd punt his ass to reserve grade and leave him there until there is an injury.

simmo05

Bench
He has put a massive target on his brothers head. Teams would be mad not to give luch a clip around the ears, knowing his stoopid brother will lose it.
Just sack the merkin and be done with it

Pete Cash

Post Whore
When he played for us whenever he had a point to prove he always had an absolute shocker. He was pretty consistently trash against Newcastle and every Manly game was an absolute nightmare that got compounded every time we played. Dylan Walker was so good at making Beej angry. So you could take his annual bad game against Newcastle and Manly if he did well against other sides. Especially as Newcastle was quite poor in those days.

The problem for you guys is that now he obviously feels like he has to dominate if his brother cops a bit of niggle so opposition coaches would be insane not to get the biggest thug on the team to target Luciano in the first set for a bit of rough stuff. Nothing that would get a send off but I would cop a couple of penalties early in exchange for winding Beej up for the entire game.

Also as soon as he talked up how mad he was at stick in the papers i wasnt that worried about him. Thats the opposite of what you want to hear from Beej in my experience

Tiger05

First Grade
Great player if he works on his defense and he plays like he is a professional rugby league player looking to win the game.

His defense was good against Canberra but he was the only guy out there who mentally doesn't look like a professional rugby league player.

I think he has to be dropped for Talau. I don't think he will be.

Tigerm

First Grade
Great player if he works on his defense and he plays like he is a professional rugby league player looking to win the game.

His defense was good against Canberra but he was the only guy out there who mentally doesn't look like a professional rugby league player.

Agree, but he deserves a chance to rectify his faults for another game or 2 imo

betcats

Referee

He just doesn't have it between the ears and playing him next to his brother is a dumb idea given how much he reacts to anything involving Luciano. The problem now is Luc is a gun and BJ is wildcard, if you drop him he might respond positively or he might kick stones and agitate.

Vozzy

Juniors
He looked just as slow last year and now without the extra kilos he doesn't break tackles either. I thought his emotions make his play into his non thinking playing decisions like passing it on his own 10 costing us twice, holds on stupidly giving away 2 six agains and with LL being so devastating he wasn't there for an offload like I was hoping. I rather Talau outside LL he has more speed and future upside plus Kepoa looks better with Talau.

Das Hassler

Bench
This was my concern in letting Momorovski leave as he was the better player. .not potential or from the past but NOW...the odds of both our current centres lasting out a consistent season are probanly 1 in 4 or less though i'm encouraged by Roberts ...next undisciplined performance by joey and i'd give Mbye his spot with Talau outside him.

Tigerm

First Grade
You've got a bloody good one in Luciano though. Just ride the BJ storm out, its worth it to get Luc.
Yes, it will be an interesting situation, as to what happens if BJ is dropped or contract terminated (don’t think that is a reality), what will his brother do?
We know what would happen if it was the other way around?:joy:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
By the end of this season BJ will join the likes of Anasta and Adam Blair in the illustrious worst Wests Tigers 13. Is an absolute peanut.

Vozzy

Juniors
Fair call. .
Well that is BJs problem for already acting like a dickhead his whole career so yes he would be on report cos people like him made a bad reputation for themselves. The game he played before we signed him he was the best player on ground in the GF and probably whole final series. Players like him are worth a gamble it hasnt paid off yet.

betcats

Referee
BJ may have a point about the non penalty but it is irrelevant. Not getting a call is not a good reason react how he did. He is clearly struggling to understand. More calls will get missed he has to be able to deal with it.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

I would agree with you but I think two things point to BJ being dropped sooner rather than later

- NRL teams can pick players outside the top 30 from round 10.
- BJ is effectively off contract come Nov 1 (option in club's favour)

Because he can pick players from outside top 30 in ten weeks time, Madge will be more inclined to tell BJ to clean out his locker if he doesn't get his act together?

Latest posts