What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BK - Want Cheese with your Whine ?

willvillain

Juniors
In the context of the game, it was a big call to make though. From where I was watching, it looked like a pretty soft touch, and that Lockyer had made the decision to fall well before he was hit...

It wasn't as bad a call as the missed high-tackle on Thaiday, and it wasn't as bad as the penalty against Matai for pushing Thorn, but I felt it was a bad call at the time.

Mr Saab

Referee
willvillain said:
and it wasn't as bad as the penalty against Matai for pushing Thorn, .

IMO there should be more of these penalties given. Would help to clean up the ruck area.

willvillain

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
IMO there should be more of these penalties given. Would help to clean up the ruck area.

In that case, then there should've been four or five more in the same game. At one point Webcke damn near knocked Dunley on his arse (not that I disagree with Webcke's intentions on this point....).

Azkatro

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Shayne Dunley and Corey Hughes would cringe if they saw that suggestion.

miccle

Bench
OK, if that hit got Locky in the face, it'd be a pretty tight call and the suggestion of diving coming from so many might have more merit.

Watch the replay - smack on the adams apple.

Do me all a favour here guys and girls. Give yourselves a little open-palmed slap on your adams apple right now. Do it.

Stings a bit, don't it. Now - imagine if that was a hit from a big bloke's forearm/elbow at speed.

You'd be gasping for air too. Locky definitely did not milk that today.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
miccle said:
OK, if that hit got Locky in the face, it'd be a pretty tight call and the suggestion of diving coming from so many might have more merit.

Watch the replay - smack on the adams apple.

Do me all a favour here guys and girls. Give yourselves a little open-palmed slap on your adams apple right now. Do it.

Stings a bit, don't it. Now - imagine if that was a hit from a big bloke's forearm/elbow at speed.

You'd be gasping for air too. Locky definitely did not milk that today.

It was a push. He fell before it hit. And recovered really quickly once the penalty was awarded. It's soft. Really soft. Gooey centre soft.

Mr Saab

Referee
Blame Mark "Model" Bryant for his unecessary raise of the elbow to a kickers upper body region? Is that how Manly are taught to charge down players?

Garts

Bench
Bryants hit probably deserved a penalty but there was not much in it, have seen worse not penalised.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
RainMan said:
And wasn't BK hit in the throat area as well last year...:roll:

Please, we're grasping at straws now aren't we? BK copped a slap to his chin from a wayward arm as he wrong stepped Crocker. Lockyer was on the receiving end of an elbow charge down. Poor old BK's memory must be fading as it hasn't even been a year since his notorious swan dive at Suncorp. Poor form really. Brisbane outplayed Manly all day and he simply refuses to look at his and the teams performance as a factor. Rings true though doesn't it? He showed lack of character then and he has shown it now.

innsaneink

Referee
Its a serious concern imo.....every time he does his na-na, those veins near his temple get one step closer to just exploding.

Mr Saab

Referee
BK is a great player, but his ability as a captain i do question.
Whenever his players make mistakes he goes nuts. Cant see much good coming out of this as.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yes and so do most hot-headed people (thats not meant as an insult - just a generalisation - im a hot-headed fan also, and most loyal supporters are) - a captain should be the calm one though.

Back to the point though. It was quite poetic that Kennedy's team was on the receiving end of a dive. His dive in origin was disgraceful, Lockyer's yesterday wasnt quite as bad - but to suggest it wasnt a dive is to suggest merely that you are a biased Bronco fan.

CharlieF

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Yes and so do most hot-headed people (thats not meant as an insult - just a generalisation - im a hot-headed fan also, and most loyal supporters are) - a captain should be the calm one though.

Back to the point though. It was quite poetic that Kennedy's team was on the receiving end of a dive. His dive in origin was disgraceful, Lockyer's yesterday wasnt quite as bad - but to suggest it wasnt a dive is to suggest merely that you are a biased Bronco fan.

I agree. A dive is a dive. However there is nothing wrong with taking a dive if the stupid video refs insist that they give penalties to players that stay down. They have created this and if a team sees an advantage in that, then fine. Its not as though they weren't hit in the head. Why should one player get a penalty if he goes down after being hit in the head and the other not get one for staying on his feet. Happens a lot and it is up to the NRL to fix it.