What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacklock?

tiger78

Juniors
where did u hear that? I guess we are probably the only team with some cash left over. I reckon that old fox Sheens has had it planned and waited on signing players until other clubs had spent there $$$$

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Both Blacklock and Donald are pathetic defenders. They may score alot of tries, but they'll let just as many in I reckon.

But if they were on the market, I'd definately go for one of them.

Blacklock seems disinterested these days. Perhaps his best days are behind him?

ozcrusader

Bench
LOL

Yeah, hybrid, we should hire wingers for their defence :roll:

That's why the top wingers in both codes are so well known - Sailor, Tuquiri, McDougall, Rooney - because they defend so well :clap:

tigershaz

Juniors
On 2gb, he (Blacklock) was concidering another team, missed which team, I think it was Sharks 30% Wests Tigers 70%!
Hadley and Fulton sounded confident that we would get him!

Thats about it, and a big forward from an England side!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
goangod said:
LOL

Yeah, hybrid, we should hire wingers for their defence :roll:

That's why the top wingers in both codes are so well known - Sailor, Tuquiri, McDougall, Rooney - because they defend so well :clap:

The wingers you mentioned above are not at all bad defenders.

Don't get me wrong, Donald and Blacklock are good players, but I was just pointing out their weaknesses, instead of just looking for the positives which everyone already knows about.

magpiemax

Juniors
tiger78 said:
where did u hear that? I guess we are probably the only team with some cash left over. I reckon that old fox Sheens has had it planned and waited on signing players until other clubs had spent there $$$$
That's exactly what I posted on my 'Wests Tigers buying policy' thread.

gr8_1

Juniors
tigershaz said:
On 2gb, he (Blacklock) was concidering another team, missed which team, I think it was Sharks 30% Wests Tigers 70%!

Hmmm I wonder if I had anything to do with Blacklock considering coming to us.... after all I was giving him race tips at Rosehill at the Ad filming. :p

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Blacklock wouldn't be bad at all and he would add something extra in attack

1 question though with Blacklock and Hodgson in the backline I wonder if they would ever get in each others way given how good they both are in support ???? Nice problem to have IMO

tiger_nick

Bench
Blacklock would be the WORST signing possible. I wonder if anybody has seen him play this year, he has been terrible. I wouldnt take him for free, he is way past it. You guys think Fitzy submits in tackles, wait till you see this guy. He makes Fitzy look like an enforcer!

JOELCORE

Juniors
Blacklock would be a great signing.His profile and scoring ability would be great for our club.

I think he has alot more to offer in first grade rugby league.And you have to be shitting me if you dont think he would be good to have on the wing in replace on moodie next year.

Think of the shit he can create.Him and hodgoson would be awesome together.

Eddie.

Bench
Have any of you guys watched football this year, well the fire man has done alot more then Blacklock
Blacklock has done stuff all and the last thing we need is a player who looks disinterested. If he can prove he is still interested in football and has an attitude change maybe, but it looks like injurys have caught up to him to.

tiger78

Juniors
I would love to know what has happened at the Dragons to make him so disinterested. I reckon a change of clubs could reignite the fire if he has been unhappy with elements at St.George.

cadburys

Juniors
Both have strengths and weaknesses.

I think a good option is Rod Jensen.

Provided he's off contract

Just my thoughts.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wrighty79

Juniors
gr8_1 said:
tigershaz said:

Hmmm I wonder if I had anything to do with Blacklock considering coming to us.... after all I was giving him race tips at Rosehill at the Ad filming. :p

I was getting my tips from Nathan Long via Piggy Riddell. Long was on fire that day, something like 11 winners!

mikey

Juniors
I think Blacklock is either past it or was told he wouldn't get a new contract towards the beginning of this year and that's the main reason he has done very little for Saints this year.

Either way you have to ask whether his heart is in it ATM and would it be in it next year.