What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blacklock?

HOT028

Juniors
donald has pace did anyone see the try against the broncos when he put his foot down he was gone, something we lack.

brooksy19

Bench
Yeah i still have nightmares about that day he ripped our hearts out at leichhardt , that was terrible to watch...

Id take him, but make him work his way into the team.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Just heard Nathan Brown asked about Blacklock being released, he said its all rumour re Blacklock he's under contract for next season, and he's not going anywhere.

I haven't heard any further on Donald though.

tigershaz

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
Blacklock would be the WORST signing possible. I wonder if anybody has seen him play this year, he has been terrible. I wouldnt take him for free, he is way past it. You guys think Fitzy submits in tackles, wait till you see this guy. He makes Fitzy look like an enforcer!

No, I haven't seen him play! If what you say is true, then we are sure to buy him :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tigerpete

Juniors
Its a toughie to choose between Blacklock and Donald. Donald may be the safer option i feel, there's no denying Blacklock's talent though and he would add so much strike to our side, but i've got massive doubts over his mindset.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Tigerpete said:
Its a toughie to choose between Blacklock and Donald. Donald may be the safer option i feel, there's no denying Blacklock's talent though and he would add so much strike to our side, but i've got massive doubts over his mindset.

Not really Blacklock no doubts still has part of his flair but his best days are behind him! Donald on the other hand has been getting better and better each year and well he is one of the fastest in the game and he dosn't submit into tackles either - not to mention he would be cheaper ;-)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Magpie Nick said:
Matt Rieck is another option.

True and for some reason I have always thought the kid would be good but he always bloody gets injured at the wrong time - I wouldn't say no to him thats for sure

ucantseeme

Juniors
to me Blacklock is a lot like Chris Walker, loads of pace and seems to really excel in successful team surrounded by class players, BUT when they go to a struggling team the individual brilliance evaporates.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
ucantseeme said:
to me Blacklock is a lot like Chris Walker, loads of pace and seems to really excel in successful team surrounded by class players, BUT when they go to a struggling team the individual brilliance evaporates.

Buts he has always played for the Dragons in RL and they really arn't struggling at the moment and well Carlaw is even playing better than him!

Kill_Bill

Juniors
Blacklock has the advantage that people will go just to see him play... just like Benji he's a natural athlete.
Blacklock can tackle ok but can't read the attack very well and makes mistakes.

Donald is not worth more than match payments so expect him to be signed on for 3 years at 250k a season.

Bench
A genuine flyer like Donald is gold,we should have already bought him or Reick,but Donald doesn't get injured as much as Reick.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Blacklock isn't being released by Saints and won't be at the tigers. Brown confirmed this on the radio the other day, he said it's just speculation and like most speculation it is totally incorrect, they won't consider releasing him from his current contract. He's about as much chance of joining you guys as Hazem El Masri was.

Sorry to dash your hopes, the only bloke you are likely to sign is Stapleton who's played for the Tigers a few years ago.