What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

papabear

Juniors
he needs to work on his kicking game.

Also he almost bombed us the tigers match by not passing to waqa.

I don't mind his dummy against a set defensive line but up against a fullback in broken play draw and pass.

he is quite a good defender though and a great runner.

As for milford,I don't know why the broncos are persisting with him at 5/8 they are killing him there slot him at fullback.

betcats

Referee
Austin is going great, good to see. I had my doubts about him when he left Penrith but he is gonna be good.

IMO there is no way Moses should be playing FG, he looks too small and bog average.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Milford is nowhere near a SOO jersey. Thats all just media beat up

Austin is a great FGer and does his job well. Would take him at the Knights in place of Roberts

hellteam

First Grade
Blake Austin is good but he's nearly four years older than Milford, not really a fair comparison.

hellteam

First Grade
There's a big difference between 20 and 24 than 28 and 31.

I'm not denying Austin is better at the moment, he is.

TimmyB

Juniors
Re: Moses, this is definitely true right now.

You can't categorise it as a bad decision at this point because Moses was preferred primarily (or solely) on on the basis of potential.

That said, even if Moses doesn't come good (and I have serious concerns in that regard) I don't think Austin is the calibre of player to classify it as a disaster. He's not a Fifita.

wittyfan

Referee
A lot better.
He runs the ball a lot stronger from the 5/8 position. Milford's running game is only suited to broken play.
He's a much better defender.
His passing game is arguably better, and his kicking game is no worse than the other two.
He's also tougher.

I'm happy he's our 5/8 ahead of Milford (a fullback). The Tigers picked the wrong player.

Total rubbish. Austin is a journeyman with bad hair.

Latest posts