What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Ferguson to join Roosters for back to back GF wins

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Kennedy to Bronco's
off contract Luke O'donnell, Jack Bosden, Nafe Seliuini, Adam Henry, Dean Blackman, Brandon Tago
Moga will go
Mini will retire
Salary cap increase..

SBW and Ferguson are easily afforded

backs will be;
1,RTS
2,Toupou
3,Jennings
4,Fergo
5,SKD were he belongs

Aside from O'Donnell these guys are either not part of the first grade squad or would be on the minimum, needing to be replaced by guys on the minimum, saving SFA.

Fat Krion

Juniors
Buzz Rothfield has noted that Blake Ferguson is likely to join Sydney Roosters in 2014. It is a well known fact for those of us who visit Pinnochio's regularly. Despite another less grounded rumour from Buzz, Sonny Bill will sign up for another year.

Roosters only problem is to unload Shaun Kenny-Dowell (SKD) who is still on contract and eating up too much salary. However Parramatta and Wests Tigers are interested.

That would mean that the Roosters first choice team in 2014 would be:

Anthony Minichiello

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Michael Jennings, Blake Ferguson, Daniel Toupou

James Maloney
Mitchell Pearce

Boyd Cordner
Sonny Bill Williams, Mitchell Aubusson
Jared Wharea-Hargreaves, Jake Friend, Sam Moa

Bench: Daniel Mortimer, Aiden Guerra, Martin Kennedy, Frank-Paul Nu'uasala

Following the likely 2013 Grand Final win by the Roosters, this team, with the addition of Ferguson to partner Jennings, would be unstoppable. The first back to back Grand Final wins in the history of the NRL looms for the Sydney Roosters!

Martin Kennedy has signed with the Broncos for three seasons, even more cap space, anyone would welcome Ferguson, arguably the best centre in the NRL.

Feej

First Grade
Love the way people are happy to bag out crap journo's like slothfield until they write something they would love to see happen.

Puntastic

Juniors
f**king Raiders are geniuses.

Getting all their shitmerkins to join other clubs to tear them apart from the inside.

It's a f**king Trojan Turd is what it is.

parraeels2010

Juniors
It's been rumoured for months he was trying to get out of his contract to come to eels .

Hayne
Hoppa
Fergo
Loko
Tonga
Norman
Sandow

Easily the best backline in the Nrl 5 or6 of them will be playing origin next year

Paullyboy

Coach
Haha I love it how Roosters fans rattle off a bunch of people who have never been heard of and say that's how they justify signing the best centre in the game.

Seriously, the Roosters are a cancer on rugby league.

Having said that - Fergy is going back to the Sharks.

bellyache

Bench
Aside from O'Donnell these guys are either not part of the first grade squad or would be on the minimum, needing to be replaced by guys on the minimum, saving SFA.
:lol::lol: Talking out of your arse... Mini is on good coin and off contract.. more than Fergo, so thats got him covered.. Moga was a resigning, Bosdens on 150k.. + the cap increase Where's the pressure on our cap dopey..

Even if SBW went back to rugby union, the Roosters would have:

Back row:

Frank-Paul Nu'uasala
Boyd Cordner
Mitch Aubusson
Aiden Guerra (bench)

Props:

Jared Whaerea-Hargreaves, Sam Moa, Remy Casty, Luke O'Donnell,

Hookers:

Jake Friend, Daniel Mortimer

Plus the young phenomenon Isaac Liu is something special and can play prop or second row.

That is a powerful pack, that is equal to any in the competition.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Haha I love it how Roosters fans rattle off a bunch of people who have never been heard of and say that's how they justify signing the best centre in the game.

Seriously, the Roosters are a cancer on rugby league.

Having said that - Fergy is going back to the Sharks.

Yes, I looked at that list of Roosters players leaving to accommodate Ferguson and I giggled too.

Saying we're a cancer is a bit harsh - but I agree that Ferguson is most likely to go to Cronulla, or possibly even St George or Parramatta before he comes to Easts.

Personally I hope he stays at Canberra and learns to become a decent human being, but I somehow doubt that's going to happen.

If he does leave, I would prefer he went anywhere else than to Easts.

Blake Ferguson left Cronulla when Ricky Stuart was sacked and he chose to go to Canberra. Now he has decided he wants to turn his back on a club that has bent over backwards to accommodate him.

Canberra showed great faith in him and rewarded him with first team football when they had no right to do so. Ferguson has shown time and time again that he is more interested in Blake Ferguson and what the World can do for Blake Ferguson than what he can do for those that show him more loyalty than he deserves.

I know being a decent person isn't a prerequisite for being a decent footballer, but some people really don't deserve our money being spent on them. From the point of view of a supporter of the Roosters, Blake Ferguson is such a person at the moment.

Loudstrat

Coach
I love how those gun newbies at the Chooks like Cordner, T-sheck and others wont get a contract increase.

But lets say fat Albert is right.
2013 - Roosters win com
2014 - Rosters win comp
2015 - Roosters get premierships stripped and win the spoon
2016 - Uncle Nick starts to get everything repossessed and moves to Singapore.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Let's see

Roosters off contract: Isaac Liu, Luke O'Donnell, Sonny Bill Williams, Josh Ailaomai, Jack Bosden, Adam Henry, Nafe Seluini, Anthony Minichiello, Dean Blackman, Samisoni Langi, Dylan Napa, Brandon Tago, Henare Wells

Who they'll probably re-sign: Liu, O'Donnell, SBW, Bosden, Mini, Langi, Napa, Tago

I doubt you'd have enough for Ferguson, maybe a few fringe players. And tbh i think Robinson is similar to Maguire in that he doesn't want to sign any d*ckheads.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yes, I looked at that list of Roosters players leaving to accommodate Ferguson and I giggled too.

Saying we're a cancer is a bit harsh - but I agree that Ferguson is most likely to go to Cronulla, or possibly even St George or Parramatta before he comes to Easts.

Paully is, as usual, upset that Canberra are a f**king basketcase of a club that have ruined star player after star player, and is taking out on Easts again.

We don't need Fergo and hope Robbo and Politis don't think we do. We're cruising better than we have been for 9 years with no signs of slowing down, we don't need an unstable influence when SKD, despite his flaws, is doing a pretty decent job all things considered and is an Easts junior (kind of... :) )

:lol::lol: Talking out of your arse... Mini is on good coin and off contract.. more than Fergo, so thats got him covered.. Moga was a resigning, Bosdenus on 150k.. + the cap increase Where's the pressure on our cap dopey..

May be, but long serving player discount would have him costing f**k all "cap-wise".

de$$ie

Juniors
roosters have got a nice team coming together. i dont think anyones on that much coin anyway bar sonny bill.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Most star players have clauses in their contracts for salary cap increases. I wouldn't be suprised if Maloney, JWH, Jennings and Pearce all had clauses so a rise in the cap won't necessarily result in more $$ to sign Fergo. I think Roosters will get him but it will be at the expense of SBW. In fact if SBW does leave, Roosters might be able to keep MK AND sign Fergo with his money.

Last edited: