What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green should now be a priority

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just a thought

If Blake Green is in Hagan's plans

and PJ was being shopped around

maybe Hagan plans to use Green in PJ's role next year

yy_cheng

Coach
Well that's where I would ease him into 1st grade but instead of PJ, it would be Piggy.

6. Morris
7. Smith
9. PJ

14. Green

Riddell can play 2nd row off the bench or PL

Hurriflatch

Referee
Will be interesting to see the team next week

I'm not expecting it to happen but I would not be surprised to see Tim dropped for Blake.

Tim's form since coming back into the top grade hasn't been much to write home about, it's been better then his form prior to getting dumped but thats not saying much.

The poor form then this incident however minor coupled with Blakes strong form in the lower grades might just get Blake his 1st grade debut

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
Will be interesting to see the team next week

I'm not expecting it to happen but I would not be surprised to see Tim dropped for Blake.

Tim's form since coming back into the top grade hasn't been much to write home about, it's been better then his form prior to getting dumped but thats not saying much.

The poor form then this incident however minor coupled with Blakes strong form in the lower grades might just get Blake his 1st grade debut

I would think thats more probably than possibe Hurri, in view of waht happend last weekend.

Remmember how tough JT is about this sort of thing

Daneel

Bench
Having the disadvantage of living interstate and not getting to see lower grade games, i'd love to see blake play top grade. Not because i think tim should be dropped, but simply because i'm dying to see this kid play.

V1er

Juniors
At least hagan's talked to him and told him he's in his plans for next year, lets hope green agrees and stays here.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Blake is more suited to 5/8. Give J Smith or T Smith another chance with Blake. J Smith and Blake looked good together in premier league.

Utey

Coach
The Ref in Seat 196 said:
Blake is more suited to 5/8. Give J Smith or T Smith another chance with Blake. J Smith and Blake looked good together in premier league.

you havent seen him at halfback have you?

1eyedeel

Juniors
You know, I don't think Timmy at 5/8 is such a bad option. Tim actually has a good step on him when he's going forward, certainly his running game is no worse than that of Morris and he could produce his "special" plays without the pressure of having to control the match. Tim's never really dominated at half. He's produced moments of briliance and that's really what you're looking for from a pivot while I think Blake can perhaps dominate a game more and he's more of a natural leader.

His defence is not as good as John's but he's probably a better defender now than Blake.

That said, I don't thin it would matter too much who had six on their back and who had seven. They'd likely switch and change during the match and with the class of our outside backs I think that ideally suits the team.

Kornstar

Coach
filthy_spammers said:
You know, I don't think Timmy at 5/8 is such a bad option. Tim actually has a good step on him when he's going forward, certainly his running game is no worse than that of Morris and he could produce his "special" plays without the pressure of having to control the match. Tim's never really dominated at half. He's produced moments of briliance and that's really what you're looking for from a pivot while I think Blake can perhaps dominate a game more and he's more of a natural leader.

His defence is not as good as John's but he's probably a better defender now than Blake.

That said, I don't thin it would matter too much who had six on their back and who had seven. They'd likely switch and change during the match and with the class of our outside backs I think that ideally suits the team.

BINGO!!! These 2 are a must in the halves next year!!! THey are both very young and very talented, if we were ever going to have another Sterling/Kenny dynasty again, these are the 2 kids that could do that!!!

Sign the damn contract Blake!!!!!

yy_cheng

Coach
filthy_spammers said:

Actually, on last year's form, Timmy's game is similar to sterlos. Sterlo was
not fast on his feet but had a step too.

Sterlo's defence was better but it was different then. Sterlo used to go around the legs rather than around the chest.

I also agree with him at 5/8th. Take the pressure off him and have him wider to link with our back 5.

6. Timmy
7. PJ

9. Morris

COACH STERLING

Juniors
I think Feleti Mateo is more of a weapon than Blake Green. I can't understand for the life of me why he hasn't atleast been given a bench spot in firsts over the past season and a half. The bloke has got so much Class and a well balanced game - great footwork and awesome ball skills combined with a natural attacking flair, overall the perfect lock or benchie

It would really going to sh*t me if players like Green & Mateo are released to other clubs and make it BIG.

I think we should start a thread which insists on who should play 1stS from our young guns.

I would start by including -

1.Feleti Mateo
2.Blake Green
3.Kris Inu

& eventually the Williams Brothers.

HOPEFULLY THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY COUNT READ THESE FORUMS AND RECOGNISE THE TALENT BY MAKING THE SELECTIONS

yy_cheng

Coach
COACH STERLING said:
I think Feleti Mateo is more of a weapon than Blake Green. I can't understand for the life of me why he hasn't atleast been given a bench spot in firsts over the past season and a half. The bloke has got so much Class and a well balanced game - great footwork and awesome ball skills combined with a natural attacking flair, overall the perfect lock or benchie

It would really going to sh*t me if players like Green & Mateo are released to other clubs and make it BIG.

I think we should start a thread which insists on who should play 1stS from our young guns.

I would start by including -

1.Feleti Mateo
2.Blake Green
3.Kris Inu

& eventually the Williams Brothers.

HOPEFULLY THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY COUNT READ THESE FORUMS AND RECOGNISE THE TALENT BY MAKING THE SELECTIONS

I think it's because of D & A.

Lazy in Defence and goes missing and Attitude

1eyedeel

Juniors
With Widders out next year, he has the opportunity to be that impact weapon off the bench... Nobody seems very confident about him staying though..

parra pete

Referee
filthy_spammers said:

Oneyed..I'll let you in on a secret...Tim Smith HASN"T got a running game. His total runs this season would not have him over half way if they were all put together and started from the try line.
He doesn't have the ability to control at game at half back and would be a DISASTER at five eight.
If T Smith defence is better than Blake Green's that mean Blake Green can't tackle....
The only defence T Smith is good at is defending himself against charges that he hasn't lost the plot...and he is not doing that very well either.
Mugs come and go. I think he is painting himself in a corner as being a mug..that's my opinion of him anyway.

1eyedeel

Juniors
parra pete said:
Oneyed..I'll let you in on a secret...Tim Smith HASN"T got a running game. His total runs this season would not have him over half way if they were all put together and started from the try line.
He doesn't have the ability to control at game at half back and would be a DISASTER at five eight.
If T Smith defence is better than Blake Green's that mean Blake Green can't tackle....
The only defence T Smith is good at is defending himself against charges that he hasn't lost the plot...and he is not doing that very well either.
Mugs come and go. I think he is painting himself in a corner as being a mug..that's my opinion of him anyway.

Pete, I'm an unashamed Tim Smith fan. I go back to the day that I interviewed him after a training session before he'd made his first grade debut. Genuinely modest, confident without being cocky, and just really bursting over with enthusiasm and a love of the game. I don't think there are many people who can relate to what its like to go through so much pressure and adoration at such a young age and how that can affect one both professionally and personally. I honestly don't think he's a mug and I'll think he'll come out of all this with a much wiser head on his shoulder...

As for his running game, I reckon you can count on one hand the number of players who can instinctively balance a playmaking game and a running game. If you watch John Morris, for example, he either sets up for a one or sets up to play for his supports before he gets the ball - it's never instinctive. And he plays much better when he plays within that comfort zone. Tim's a natural playmaker, who's always got by on the strength of his passing and kicking, so he doen't instinctively choose between the run and the pass and that's going to take time for him to learn. But I've seen him run onto a couple of balls and he looks much better when he's not looking to pass (anyone remember that pre-season trial before his 1st grade debut when he ran into a hole beautifully off a John Morris pass).

I do think Blake Green has a better instinctive running game in that regard, so he may prove to be a little more bullet proof and consistent then Smith, but put Parra in the red zone with a bunch of supports running off the playmaker and there's no better man I'd like with the ball than an in-form Tim Smith.

Thus I remained convinced that a Green/Smith combination is Parramatta's future.

Utey

Coach
All this talk sounds a lot like the chatter we heard about Witt coming up from prems when we were struggling...

Green is a class player but is he ready for the vigours of nrl footy?