What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Green you done it again you fool

jayjayselmes

Juniors
eelavation said:
but you wanted him in the halves a few weeks back ;-)

who cares where he plays so long as its 80 mins

marsh =
1. Top defender
2. elusive and quick / good step
3. kicking is ok

need we say more

strider

Post Whore
blake did f**k up - and no one should overlook that he did ... he should have been aware of what the situation was and that we had Ian Hindmarsh out there keen to prove the penrith game was no fluke :lol:

And I don't think we should look to blame the more experienced guys any more than blake - Blake is an up and coming playmaker and should be thinking of the situation of hte game and whether the field goal is the right option

he stuffed up - but hopefully he'll learn and move on .... not the end of the world

John Kolc

Juniors
I am not saying he was the only reason we lost today but he is one of them. I see Reic doing a lot of good thinks but he also plays dumb at times. That play at the end shows me again that he does not have the ability to read a game. Every other player on the field new what needed to be done. He has done it before and he will do it again. He must be related to the nit-Witt brothers.:crazy:

spiderdan

Bench
so blake took a wrong option. big deal.

third game of nrl in round six of the season. he will probably be the harshest person on himself but that one play isn't the reason we lost the game. he will learn and be a better player for it.

fish eel

Immortal
I actually thought PJ was very sharp out of dummy half eela, particuarly in the first half. Could have done with a spell sooner however as he started to take some poor options.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Suitman said:
FFS, there must have been 18500 people in that ground that knew what should happen in that set of six.

Precisely the reason that it WAS Blake's fault.

I don't care how young the bloke is, or how many games he's played. He should have known what was required.

It's not like it was a 6 or 12 point ballgame - there was only one play to be made.

A ten year-old kid in front of me was yelling to take the FG FFS.

Jodeci

Bench
You people are blaming one hit up from dummy half, give me a break. Perhaps Blake did decide to throw the pass from dummy half to the open side and we drop the ball?

That wasn't the play that costs us the game.

John Kolc

Juniors
What do you mean it did not cost us the game. You must have been at a different one to me. As has been said it was the only play to be made and once again he does not make it.

Nickeel

Juniors
I'm still astounded that we kicked three penalty goals. Can anyone spell n-e-g-a-t-i-v-e? I thought I was at a Waratahs game ffs.

Seriously, an 8-point advantage makes sense, but after that? 10 points? What's the difference? Two tries with a guy like El Masri on the team and they are back in front anyway. And then to be four in front, get a penalty ten metres out right in front and kick another bloody goal.

Blake made a mistake, for sure - everyone in the ground knew what the play was with 8 or so minutes left - but it should never have been so close. We had them on the hook and let them go. A game we lost, not one the Dogs won IMO.

Nick

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jodeci said:
You people are blaming one hit up from dummy half, give me a break. Perhaps Blake did decide to throw the pass from dummy half to the open side and we drop the ball?

That wasn't the play that costs us the game.

mate it was a dud decision in a crucial time of the game if that was Finch there'd be 10000 people at the back burning effegies and standing there waiting for him with clubs in their hands. and you wouldn't be complaining.

there's no doubt that we have plenty of players who deserve their spot in fg and Blake's one of them but they also need to start thinking like firstgraders.

I'm not a fan of blaming any players at any time, but atleast plenty of people here are consistant when they play the blame game as it appears no one is allowed to make a mistake.

eelavation said:
mate it was a dud decision in a crucial time of the game if that was Finch there'd be 10000 people at the back burning effegies and standing there waiting for him with clubs in their hands. and you wouldn't be complaining.

there's no doubt that we have plenty of players who deserve their spot in fg and Blake's one of them but they also need to start thinking like firstgraders.

I'm not a fan of blaming any players at any time, but atleast plenty of people here are consistant when they play the blame game as it appears no one is allowed to make a mistake.

Yeah I agree, Blake screwed up he should have known better.

oneguy

Juniors
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
he didnt have a great game there today...

imo finch should go to the bench and blake should be the 6.

? by "He" I'm assuming you mean Blake Green?

So because 'he' didn't have a great game today - you want to promote him to the starting side?

:lol:

Look, I like Blake - he's got a lot of potential. In previous games he's played well. Against the Bulldogs, he got found out a bit. He now knows what 1st Grade NRL is about. He'll learn from that.

Jodeci

Bench
There were other crucial moments in the game.

Why isn't anyone blasting Ben for that stupid penalty that not only got the dogs out of their red zone but also got them field position and kicked the field goal.

Latest posts