What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blayke Brailey

Inferno

Coach
So the offer is for next year?

It would have to be. Interesting article in the paper today claims Morris would like to re-sign Chiko but can't until the salary cap debacle is cleared up. That would drop the junior Bailey down the list a bit.

Stake Removed

First Grade
It would have to be. Interesting article in the paper today claims Morris would like to re-sign Chiko but can't until the salary cap debacle is cleared up. That would drop the junior Bailey down the list a bit.

So the longer Greenberg takes his time, the more it effects us now and going forward

Card Shark

Immortal
Its hard to disagree though as a fan of the Eels I will say we can offer him the best RL stadium in the world to play out of and we were in the semi finals less than 2 years ago. Some players get better at Parra under Arthur...eg, Gutherson and Brown.

You were wooden spooners less than 6 months ago.

All players should get better under a coach, except the older guys that the coach needs to maintain their best for as long as possible.

Its hard to disagree though as a fan of the Eels I will say we can offer him the best RL stadium in the world to play out of and we were in the semi finals less than 2 years ago. Some players get better at Parra under Arthur...eg, Gutherson and Brown.
We've been in the finals the last 4 years plus won the GF. Your point on finals 2 years ago is moot.
I like Parra as a club, if I carried a "second team card" they'd be it.
There's just something a little rotten there at the moment. For your sake I hope it changes soon.

Inferno

Coach
So the longer Greenberg takes his time, the more it effects us now and going forward

We had an opportunity to re-sign Segy and didn't take it. Can't really complain about it. Doesn't seem anyone else was particularly interested either.

carinashark

First Grade
Is Blayke strong enough to play NRL? If so he can play from the bench. Brayden is a very under rated hooker. I’ve never seen such crisp and consistent passing from a young player. He also knows the players well enough to hit them where they like it (if you know what I mean). Physically it’s the hardest position to play. Seggy is good but after about 10 min in the passes start to float which slows the play.

bluefox68

Staff member
Is Blayke strong enough to play NRL? If so he can play from the bench. Brayden is a very under rated hooker. I’ve never seen such crisp and consistent passing from a young player. He also knows the players well enough to hit them where they like it (if you know what I mean). Physically it’s the hardest position to play. Seggy is good but after about 10 min in the passes start to float which slows the play.
I think you mean Jayden, but, yeah, agree with you..,

Inferno

Coach
Well without Segy he's our only other full-time hooker in the squad.

Who else could even cover it? KF?

Well without Segy he's our only other full-time hooker in the squad.

Who else could even cover it? KF?
I read somewhere this week that I think they said they were training up Billy Magoulias for that role too. Happy to be corrected if I got the wrong player

Edit: here it is. Looks like he has been training there.
https://www.sharks.com.au/news/2019/01/11/under-the-surface---billy-magoulias/

The challenge now is whether Magoulias can make the transition to the top grade and to make his mark in the NRL. A lock, sometimes five eighth, Magoulias carries the ball strongly, and possesses a clever passing game, one good enough to have him considered as a bench utility and a potential dummy half substitute in 2019.

Spies at training report Magoulias has been spending plenty of time at hooker and with another string to his bow, it only enhances the possibility of him debuting in the NRL at the Sharks next season.

carinashark

First Grade
Thanks for the correction Blue Fox . Probably won’t be long before every one is getting them mixed up.

chewsta

First Grade
Saw a story on Seggy having no club yet, man he is one fit looking kaharnt! I'm really surprised he is in limbo. is he holding out hoping he signs on with us again or what? If he knew when to play to a game plan and when to play off the cuff he would be brilliant. Loads of xfactor about him and defends like an animal. Too good to be without a club.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Gotta disagree with you for once Chewie....I think we've got the creatively covered in SJ and Moylan. Last thing we need is the headless chook. With B1's crisp service and B2's creatively off the bench I'm sure we'll be fine.

carcharias

Immortal
Gotta disagree with you for once Chewie....I think we've got the creatively covered in SJ and Moylan. Last thing we need is the headless chook. With B1's crisp service and B2's creatively off the bench I'm sure we'll be fine.

Yep
Seggy was good in spurts

Hooker needs to be a robot....almost.

Latest posts