What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blayke Brailey

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We'll the modern day hooker will make 50 tackles, run the team from dummy half, having a kicking and running game and play 80.

Cameron Smith. Jayden Brailey.

or you go with a Cook style, dummy half weapon.Blayke is this type as is Seggy.

We will end up with both.

chewsta

First Grade
I'm happy for the brothers to be the future for us, what I was saying is I'm just surprised Seggy has not got a contract anywhere.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We signed BB long term.
Last couple of years he seems not gone to the next level.

He has been in firsts for a while, they said he was chance of soo level that's not happening.
Completely outplayed by Cook.

Other hookers who came into first grade have gone past him, he is more evolving into what his brother is, where he should be at level of at least Reece Robson if not Harry Grant, and we are stuck with him.

If you listen to Finns Up Podcast, they will explain what they think of Brailey.

Last night we he had 3 back to back crash plays was not what you expect from a high class dummy half

Frailty

First Grade
I mean, hooker is really dependent on the forward pack making metres and quick play the balls. There is already another thread about the pack being dominated and taking away the quick play the balls.

Brailey gets through a lot of defence, and his service from dummy half it fantastic.

Weaponhead

Coach
Brailey is a strange case. On the plus side does his work, good tackling technique, durable. On the minus side his running game isn't dangerous, doesn't create enough inside oppo 20.

Multiple crash plays when on attack is frustrating to watch.

He looks a relaxed type which gives the appearance of complacency at times.

Frailty

First Grade
Just for the record, Brailey had the third most try assists for hookers last season with 12. Only behind Grant (17) and Koroisau (13). Next best was Cook and Robson with 9 each.

His run stats were comparable to Koroisau who had a far more dominant pack.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Need to turn him into a front rower. He does most of the hard work anyway
Oddly enough, I don’t disagree with you here. Bloke has been so used to being a tackling machine over the years it’s hard to break the habit.
The gloss is gone for him. Toby is my meh man. Alot of chat and that’s that

SharkShocked

Bench
One thing i thought that was massively noticeable at the game, was the speed at which the Rabbits came out of their own end in and around the ruck.

Sure it's great to win the contact and get a quick play the ball off the back of it, but every time they were coming out of their own end the intent and speed was far superior to ours.

Not only that, when Cook goes or even looks to go - there is peole aorund him all the time for when he does go.

Watch Brailey go from DH - absolutely no one within coooe, which has been a problem for a long time, our backing up and expectation of breaks is non existent.