What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bledisloe Cup

Scott

Bench
No point at all in that. He'll come on in the earlyish in the second half.

As for the game, i'm finding it hard to pick a winner. Both sides look a bit weaker than usual, plus the Blacks have a dreadful record at Homebush.

Going to be very close.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Good to see Gerrad finally getting a start in the side after so many injury layoffs and I agree Whitaker surpassed Gregan as our no.1 halfback a long time ago but Eddie the idiot continually selects him, Mitchell is the real unknown factor will he screw up under pressure or play brillaintly?

aussies1st

Staff member
That explains it, remains me of another player that pulls his hammy and misses matches.

Iafeta

Referee
I didn't get to see the game live, so it was 13-0? So basically the All Blacks scored 30 unanswered points??

Far out, and at Telstra Stadium too, the Aussies are in a downward slide. I know its a long way out, but for me it looks like WC2007 is a 2 horse race - NZ and SA.

aussies1st

Staff member
Wallabies are going down hill badly. Last time this happened they made the WC final but I don't think Jones has any more ideas left. Time for a new coach and time to breed some more new players. They also need to find some props that can scrumage properly.

Eddie Jones...no initiative.
Gregan...old man.
Mortlock...injured again...what's new ???.
Front Row...pathetic.

Wallabies...see ya later...you are a rabble !!!.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Pretty good game. ABs were far better as the score shows. Mitchell was pretty good for Australia imo.

Iafeta

Referee
A few things I noticed after re-watching it:-

* Drew Mitchell, good player
* Whittaker, far superior halfback than Gregan
* Gordon Bray, worst commentator in the world. Bias wreaks right through. "High tackle there on Mitchell!!! You'll hear more about this".... They show a replay, Rico Gear creams high nipple high at absolutely worst "The referee and touch judges must be blind!! BLIND!!" Gordon, FFS, you're a joke.
* Joe Rockocoko, all time great in the making
* More bench time for Byron Kellehar? Piri Weepu was awesome.
* Matt Dunning IS the worst ever prop to play not test football, first class football. Absolutely monstered in the scrum. If you're picking a team based on blubber and baby fat, he's your man, if you're fair dinkum, he's a joke. I fully expected him to try and pot a field goal from his own 22 in the last minute at 30-13 such is his lack of IQ.
* Score should have been 37-10, touch judge completely and utterly screwed Aaron Mauger for a fair dinkum try early in the game, claiming a knock on by Rockocoko. 3 metres backwards is a knock on? Pffft. And then off the ensuing scrum Australia get a penalty. Joke.

aqua_duck

Coach
One thing I took out of the game is that Rico Gear is not even in the same ballpark as Rokocoko.
Initially I rated Gear as the best winger in NZ based on his super 12 form but it looks like the bloke won't score a try unless its put on a platter. Good solid winger but should make way for the other Fijian Flyer Sivivatu. Can you imagine smoking joe and sivi on opposite flanks?

Tighthead

Australia were as inept as I've seen them for a while. They looked like the frigging Reds, they were that bad.

They have played the same crappy style under Jones, and they don't seem to realise that the other sides have worked them out. They certainly don't have a 'Plan B'.

Slow ball from the ruck, poor service from Gregan, terrible scrummaging, centres who fail to break the advantage line. We have a good back three, but you are never going to win test matches unless they get the ball on the front foot.

I think that unless something drastic is done with the coach and some of the pensionable players, wallaby fans are in for a long couple of years.

bayrep

Juniors
I dont think I saw the Aus wings get a ball from a set piece, the inside backs and centers kept cutting back into the traffic. Mitchell though he played very well I thought good speed great step, did let in a try though so maybe defnece is a bit weak. As for the AB's good to see the scrum go very well after SA. Very frustrating seeing the backs bomb about 3 tries though. Still not hot on Weepu he bombed at least 1 try where he kicked through when he had to backs with a clear run to his right. Very happy that we won though was feeling a little nervous before the game Aus had talked them selves up rather well during the week.

Agree with you Tighthead Aus did look like there was only one game plan, and their scrum I would be very worried about especially this week against SA who base there whole game on their forwards. Aus could be in for another hiding. When was the last time Aus lost 4 tests in a row ?

aussies1st

Staff member
Eddie Jones has never tried to fix our front row and I don't think he will be starting now. Turini should be given a go at 13. Mitchell looked good at fullback best performance ive seen by our fullback in awhile. Rocky Elsom should also be given a go.

bayrep

Juniors
I saw your guys injury list in the paper today and I dont rate your chances against SA. When is Rogers back ? as he would add some of that spark you guys were missing on Sat. I read a quote from Graham Henry today from the Herald asking "if the game in Perth was a home game to which side" :) . He does come out with some good one liners.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
bayrep said:
I saw your guys injury list in the paper today and I dont rate your chances against SA. When is Rogers back ? as he would add some of that spark you guys were missing on Sat. I read a quote from Graham Henry today from the Herald asking "if the game in Perth was a home game to which side" :) . He does come out with some good one liners.

Yep, you'd be hard pressed to get a more pro SA crowd in Aus unless you held the match at St Ives oval!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dead set Jones should be as Donald Trump says "FIRED". He is pathetic. The side should be (considering injuries currently)

15. Mitchell
14. Gerrard
13. Rathbone
12. Rogers (have heard he is due back for the SA game), if not then Morgan Turuni
11. Tuquiri
10. Giteau
9. Wittaker
8. Fava
7. Smith
6. Elsom
5. Chisolm
4. Vickerman
3. Baxter
2. Cannon
1. Dunning

16. Frier
17. Henderson
18. Sharpe
19. Lyons
20. Henjak
21. Tune
22. Sam Norton-Knight (time to look to the future)

Latest posts