What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bledisloe Cup

Mal Meninga

Bench
Pek Cowan could be a future player if given time at the Force to make an impact. Dunning and Baxter are useless at test level, but surprisingly are good at S14. Mackenzie, a great front rower himself clearly believes no-one at club level are good enough to take over.

aqua_duck

Coach
Iafeta said:
The All Blacks basically only really put on 45 minutes of good footy in any of those games, the rest was well below their usual standard. Once they put in a full 80 minutes of their best footy, then they'll show the depth and above all quality in All Black backs.
And lets not forget that Leon MacDonald and Aaron Mauger pretty much made sure ROkocoko got no ball the whole night either.
BTW please I hope I never see Leon MacDonald in the all blacks jumper ever. He just gives me the sh*ts, he won't win you a game but he can cost you one.

ThrashViking

Juniors
macDonald's a very safe & solid fullback but he is not a first five.
Henry shouldve just started McAlister or even Nick Evans or Stephan Donald, putting players out of position isnt going to improve depth.

aqua_duck

Coach
ThrashViking said:
macDonald's a very safe & solid fullback but he is not a first five.
Henry shouldve just started McAlister or even Nick Evans or Stephan Donald, putting players out of position isnt going to improve depth.
I agree, McDonald seems like a competent fullback but he can't handle 10, 12, 13 at international level at all. He is also a pretty average goal kicker too.

aussies1st

Staff member
I don't know why NZ would go with MacDonald at 10. They have so many quality 10s that could easily fill the jumper.

Scott

Bench
aussies1st said:
I don't know why NZ would go with MacDonald at 10. They have so many quality 10s that could easily fill the jumper.

Stephen Donald, Jimmy Gopperth and the like are not there yet! Maybe a couple of years away.

Tasesa Lavea should be nowhere near a black jersey. He is very very average!

Nick Evans is an interesting one. I like him as a player and thought he had a great trial as well. Not sure what more the selectors are after.

bayrep

Juniors

Thats strange isnt it? he was a fantastic player for the Storm and I rated the guy but he has never really made it in the Auckland team. Though he is doing alright this year.

aussies1st

Staff member
Scott said:
Stephen Donald, Jimmy Gopperth and the like are not there yet! Maybe a couple of years away.

Nick Evans is an interesting one. I like him as a player and thought he had a great trial as well. Not sure what more the selectors are after.

Mclister should have got a shot. He already had a shot against the Lions. I don't see why he wasn't given one in the Tri Nations.

Latest posts