What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blokes off conract for next year.

simon says

First Grade
Nicked this from the SMH......

"
Off contract ...
Forwards: Jason Ryles (Dragons), Mark O'Meley (Bulldogs), Joel Clinton (Panthers), Paul Gallen (Sharks), Brent Kite (Sea Eagles), Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys), Shaun Berrigan (Broncos), Sam Thaiday (Broncos), Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs), Sonny Bill Williams (Bulldogs)
Backs: Tim Smith (Eels), Eric Grothe (Eels), Timana Tahu (Eels), Brett Kimmorley (Sharks), Brent Tate (Broncos), Ben Hornby (Dragons)

Wowee there is some talent there......that could be a very good team in itself.....the CC should sign all those guys,they would be better than the Titans IMO.

What odds Kimmorley goes back home to Newcastle if Johnsy retires this year???Bet he cant wait to get out of Sharkietown.

There sure is gonna be some player movement this year.....should be interesting.

Spike

First Grade
Kimmorley is more likely to go to the Roosters under Anderson and block youngsters like Pearce and Lewis

D

Deleted member 10972

Roosters have Craig Fitzgibbon, Craig Wing, Vince Mellars, Joel Monaghan, Josh Lewis, Mitchell Pearce, Charlie Tonga, Chris Beattie, Heath L'Estrange, Adam Schubert, Frank-Paul Nuuausala & Steve Meredith off contract.

BrisVegas

Juniors
I'm pretty sure that Sam Thaiday is contracted untill the end of 2008, however Petro Civenaciva and Justin Hodges are off Contract at the end of the year:

Brisbane Off Contract End Of 2007:

Petro Civoniceva
Michael Ennis
Shaun Berrigan
Greg Eastwood

Justin Hodges
Brent Tate
Steve Michaels
Darius Boyd

Brisbane Off Contract End Of 2008:

Brad Thorn
Sam Thaiday

The club will likely push for an answer from Hodges, Berrigan and Tate over the next few weeks so they know how much cap space they have for a bid on Lote Tuquri.

I'd expect Hodges to sign up again, I can't see him turning his back on the club after the Broncos helped resurrect his career after the disaster of a time he had at the Roosters.

I get the feeling that this may be Shaun Berrigan's last year with the club, he is a good chance of playing in the Super League from 2008 on.

Retaining Brent Tate will likely come down to Lote's decision. If Tuquri signs with Brisbane I'd expect Tate to make a play for a large Union contract.

Michael Ennis wants a long term contract, which I think will be likely if he has an injury free season and gels well with the rest of the team. If Berrigan heads overseas I'd expect Ennis's signing to be a lock.

Steve Michaels and Darius Boyd are both from the Gold Coast so I'd expect the Titans to be the only real competition for their services, and Greg Eastwood seems to being groomed for a big future with the club - but the Warriors could make a play for him to return to his native New Zealand. I'd like to think we will retain at least 2 of the 3.

I think Civoniceva should be a priority signing for another couple of years. His experience will be needed to help bring through the next generation of Broncos forwards.

There will be a real "changing of the guard" at the Broncos over the next 3 years, with the side to look vastly different in at the beginning of 2010 with Lockyers likely retirement.

D

Deleted member 10972

novacastrian_panther said:
That's a long list of Roosters.

I assume that Fitzgibbon will stay for cheap, & the club will do everything in its power to keep Sa, Nuuausala, Lewis & Pearce. Monaghan & Wing really depend on their performances this season, & i'm not too fussed about Tonga, Beattie, Stranger, Mellars, Schubert & Meredith.

simon says

First Grade
I wouldnt m ind signing that Steve Michaels boke form the Broncos.....he looked awesome against Saint Helens.......fast,good hands,decisive.

Be a good pickup IMO.And should be first winger picked for the Broncos in front of the bumbling Darius Boys and Tupou.........

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers better secure Clinton.

Paul Aiton is also off contract for us, and should be a priority signing.

Not sure which other Panthers are off contract though.

wittyfan

Referee
Witty is off contract at the end of this year.

Not sure why they have forgotten him in the article.

Spike

First Grade
Moffo said:
would anyone buy fitzgibbon or wing? getting a bit long in the teeth for mine

fitzgibbon is a glorified workhorse these days. Nothing like the form he showed a few years ago. Wouldn't want him but woud probably pick up a contract somewhere. Wing woud be worthwhile even if he's only used to cover injuries throughout the season.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
wittyfan said:
Witty is off contract at the end of this year.

Not sure why they have forgotten him in the article.

Do you think many will be interested? and if so who could use him and what position!

Johns Magic

Referee
Rotten Rooster said:
Do you think many will be interested? and if so who could use him and what position!

Wittyfan would be.

He's been asking those same questions himself for a long time.

Latest posts