What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bloody hell-Another new ODI uniform?

Timbo

Staff member
Haven't they only had the current one for ten minutes or so?

Just got this email (still on the Australian Cricket Family mailing list I guess):

Dear Timothy

Cricket Australia and adidas Australia have provided a brief glimpse of the revolutionary new One Day International uniform that Australia will wear this summer - and it will be green and gold in a way never seen before on an Australian cricket team.

Input from members of the Australian Cricket team, including captain Ricky Ponting, has been instrumental in helping to develop the look and feel of a new uniform which is inspired by the most revered item in Australian cricket, the “baggy green”.

The fabric has been matched to the colour of an original baggy green cap to ensure that the new, innovative shirt has its roots in the very traditions and heritage of Australian Cricket. All player names, numbers and other design elements will be printed in metallic gold to create a true green and gold uniform.

Australian captain Ricky Ponting is extremely enthusiastic about the new uniform: “The baggy green is my most prized cricketing possession, as I know it is for all of the boys, and I am thrilled at the prospect of wearing a uniform that reflects the tradition of Australian cricket.”

The full uniform will be officially unveiled in September, with replica shirts available for supporters to purchase from 14 September.

The Australians will wear the new uniform for the first time in their opening One Day International Series match of the summer against England at the MCG on Friday, 12 January 2007 (D/N).

00016255-image.jpg
00016252-image.jpg

-------------------

They weren't kidding when they said breif glimpse.

And still got the horrible adidas stripes down the sleeves.

aussies1st

Staff member
That's just not Australian. I'm so use to us in yellow not this green crap.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looks more like a track suit

oh well, another revenue raiser

I wonder what our away strip will look like

Lang Park

Juniors
Way too much green,we already have Pakistan and South Africa who wear mainly green uniforms,why do we need to be another.Cricket Australia have got it wrong,it sucks:thumbd:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I dont mind them being called baggy green in both forms, but its mainly test cricket and One Day is australia gold my friend, and dont you f***kin forget that. :D

Master Vippo

Juniors
Looks pretty South Africanesque, but it looks ok.

Bit annoying, i just get used to one, then they change it.

choc_soldier

Coach
That explains why they were selling the "current" one for $50 at League and Legends @ Liverpool this arvo...

For mine, my 2002 shirt (Fila with the southern cross on the front) is the one and only for me.

IanG

Coach
It's called moichandising. Where the real money from the sport is made.
Somewhere I still have one of those lightning shirts from the early 90s. But yeah I wonder if it goes the whole hog and we wear green pants too?

Bumble

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
I dont mind them being called baggy green in both forms, but its mainly test cricket and One Day is australia gold my friend, and dont you f***kin forget that. :D

Lol...canary yellow indeed.

Earl

Coach
The sooner they dump Adidas the better.

Well sure enough they are a great sporting brand blah blah blah....

but surely their are better places to advitise then on the sleeve of a national sporting teams jersey.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Yellow is the colour we should be wearing, not green!!! Bangladesh, South Africa and Pakistan already wear green, nobody wears yellow. What are we gonna play in during the world cup against South Africa?
How is it like the baggy green, its not even baggy. And there was nothing wrong with the yellow adidas jersey we had last summer, apart from the stupid white stripes on the sleeves and pants.

Latest posts