What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blues v Victorians - Shield

yappy

Bench
we got plenty of quicks to pick from, problem a few months ago was fitting them in

I dont get the Coyte love in the 4 day version, he just looks like a part timer who can roll his arm over in a one dayer

We'd have plenty to choose from if they were all fit or not in India. Taking Clark, Bollinger, Cameron, Starc, and Hazelwood out of any state side will leave them thin.

I think everyone agrees Coyte isn't going to be anything more than a fill in player. Cummins probably didn't play against the Vics simply because they were worried about burning him out as he'd played Future's League. I reckon he'll play in Tassie if Cameron is still out.

It will be interesting to see if SOK comes in for Casson or if both play. Kat will come in for Forrest, but does Maddinson come in for Henriques? Rohrer deserves to retain his spot and if we play the two spinners then we'll only have two quicks. He could end up at 8 and Casson is back to drinks waiter.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would play our 4 best wicket takers and that would be SOK and 3 quicks, its the MCG, no need for 2 spinners and i wouldn't call Henriques a wicket taker, he is a part timer

Cummins
Copeland
Abbott
SOK

I would omit Coyte and let the newbie carry the drinks and let him get some time with the squad

yappy

Bench
They've gotta get SOK batting higher in the one dayers. He's a dead set no. 6 at least. Hell he could be a gun opener the way he smacks it. So close to getting us home tonight.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well I did say he should bat higher for the shorter formats, sadly that never makes it way to the NSW dressing room.

caylo

Bench
I would play our 4 best wicket takers and that would be SOK and 3 quicks, its the MCG, no need for 2 spinners and i wouldn't call Henriques a wicket taker, he is a part timer

Cummins
Copeland
Abbott
SOK

I would omit Coyte and let the newbie carry the drinks and let him get some time with the squad

Katich
Hughes
Jaques
Maddinson
Warner
Henriques
Nevill
OKeefe
Copeland

* last two quicks to be chosen form Hazelwood, Cameron, Starc, Coyte, Cummins and Abbott. If they are are all fit I think you need to play a tall bowler (Hazelwood or Starc - but that is risky considering how long they have been out for) who hits the pitch hard and Cummins for his speed. Cameron would be very unlucky not to be picked if he is fit thou.

Latest posts