What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluey to Quit

ozbash

Referee
:shock: say it aint so,,, please.

New Zealand Rugby League will be considering its options following reports Brian McClennan is set to quit as Kiwis coach, 15 months out from the World Cup.

The 2005 Tri Nations winning coach is reportedly set to sign with English Super League club Leeds.

NZRL General Manager Peter Cordtz denies they are resigned to losing McClennan and says that at the moment it is all speculation as they have not heard anything from McClennan himself.

Cordtz says there will be further discussion over the next week and he plans to contact McClennan.

In terms of the All Golds tour later this year, Cordtz says they are not far away from finalising the coach of that side but adds it will not necessarily be the Kiwis coach.

If McClennan does confirm the move, Cordtz says Graham Lowe, as director of football, with have his hands full.

A big part of Lowe's job is succession planning.

http://www.rugbyleague.co.nz/news.asp?id=74542

NZ Warrior

First Grade
And in breaking news, Graham Lowe has accepted the Kiwis coaching job, offered to him by Graham Lowe. Graham Lowe is said to be pleased.

this would contradict statements he has made over the past month or so.

I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for this to happen.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Bring back Gary Freeman, I feel the Kiwis need to play a lot more 2 passes wide of the ruck football.

ozbash

Referee
Skinner said:
There is a thread in NZRL on this.

humble apologetics, gee, we still got that forum ? i asked willow to merge the 2 ages ago...

no bugger goes in there.:roll:

anyway, i reckon bluey will go and dan (the man) anderson will come back and assume his rightful place as kiwi coach. or chris ando.

f**k freeman, good halfback but couldnt coach an egg to boil.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Its still all just specualtion.

However, if McClennan does quit to further his coaching career overseas(which is fair enough), you could argue he was putting personal gain over patriotic duty. Which is something that Bluey took great exception to with regards to Sione Faumauina's decision to play club RL in England over playing for the Kiwis.

Iafeta

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Bring back Gary Freeman, I feel the Kiwis need to play a lot more 2 passes wide of the ruck football.

ahahahahahaha - I'm glad someone else picked it up in his calls.

His replacement certainly doesn't appear evident at this stage.... it's a shame if he does go, he's done a fair job.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Iafeta said:
ahahahahahaha - I'm glad someone else picked it up in his calls.

His replacement certainly doesn't appear evident at this stage.... it's a shame if he does go, he's done a fair job.

Confession- I just stole it off you, knowing you'd be the one person I'd get a guaranteed laugh out of :cool:

Blaze

Juniors
I won't be sad to see him go tbh.

Since the 05 tri nations we have played Australia 5 times (IIRC) and lost all 5.

He has run his race.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
True. Although in fairness, we went well against them 2 times out of 3 (arguably 3 out of 3) in the 2006 Tri Nations. No Kiwi side is ever going to dominate Australia match after match, going toe to toe with them 2/3 times out of 3 is a fair effort.

Having said that, he'd get a pass mark from me thus far, but he hasn't quite delivered NZ to the promised land or anything like that, so I wouldn't lose any sleep if he went.

Brian McLennon

Juniors
Its all speculation. I would never leave my beloved Chrisco Kiwis for job coaching Leeds in that bullsh*t Super League crap

Cheers Bluey

Latest posts