What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board Elections

globalpanther

Juniors
By gosh it’s good news ONeill is gone! The inflated Abcoe contract with the club, the $60K to be chairman when 15 others in NRL do it for the honour ,the company car,it’s all money back to club & to the people and grassroots now.

luv my panfas

Juniors
By gosh it’s good news ONeill is gone! The inflated Abcoe contract with the club, the $60K to be chairman when 15 others in NRL do it for the honour ,the company car,it’s all money back to club & to the people and grassroots now.
ummm! Very interesting I say watch this space

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
From my understanding John is just a board member. I assume that a new chairman will be decided on later. Dave got the flick from the board, thus making the chairman job impossible for him to continue with. The rest of the board is intact, so still experience there.

Exactly. John would have a 'faction' backing him, probably retired players and the like.

Just an ordinary board member.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sorry, I don't understand your comment?

Just like in politics their is a faction behind the person elected.

I'm sure I read about whispers a couple of months ago about retired players wanting more of a voice on the board.

All the other board members except for Brandy are business people.

I can't see it changing things too much.

DinkyDi

Juniors

I'm sure I read about whispers a couple of months ago about retired players wanting more of a voice on the board.

Thanks. My head is clouded with grief. My mothers funeral was today.

murraymob

Coach

Brandy is a business man has had several over the years

murraymob

Coach
Sorry, I don't understand your comment?
The board is basically a popularity competition .the more who vote for you .the more chance to get in. The faction where ex players and a few business guys hoping to get some of the contract O’Neill has with the club

murraymob

Coach
Let’s hope farragher pushes for a female team.we should not be dragging the chain behind the heels and flogs

Iamback

Coach

Costs $500k to run a team

No funding from NRL. Games played as curtain raisers to NRL finals so clubs can't sell membership etc to close the gap

Brisbane's NRLW boss Tain Drinkwater believes the time is right for the NRL to consider covering the women's salary cap for this year and beyond while major reconfigurations are being made on the cost structure of rugby league.

As it stands, all four NRLW clubs - Brisbane, St George Illawarra, Warriors and Sydney Roosters - all foot the bill to put teams on the paddock, including player salaries, travel, accommodation and training costs.

darkbloom

Juniors
Things are going well. We are building a dynasty so what do we do? We sack one of the the people who helped create it and put a man in place who has no qualifications whatsoever to be a chairman. Unless I am mistaken, John has never run a business of any significance, has no formal education and previous experience on a board. It is the height of stupidity to put such an unqualified person, albeit an undoubtedly "good bloke", in such a senior position. This is the sort of move that led to 40 years of mediocrity. I can't believe we would be so bloody stupid.