What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Board Elections

luv my panfas

Juniors
Elections happen every 2 years. Whilever the appetite for change is driven by the wins/losses ratio there is never a real appetite for change. This week's editorial in the Western Weekender is what most people do. That is - ignore the issues that are about club governance. This Board has a lot to answer for but the questions are not about the wins/losses or not making finals or "premiership windows" closing.

https://westernweekender.com.au/201...3IIYn2s7L6NjgElSNDR7aogHteG_xVWPE5T9NycouLNLQ
Hard to believe anything written about penrith in that paper Never will bag our board NOT ALOUD !

defunk

Juniors
Of course that WW author is not going to question the board when he has a family member on it. That same family member earns around half a million a year (per annual report) from the club each year through his business.

darkbloom

Juniors
Of course that WW author is not going to question the board when he has a family member on it. That same family member earns around half a million a year (per annual report) from the club each year through his business.

His business earns half a million - that doesn't mean he earns half a million. The business is in electrical cabling and I imagine that company would be awarded projects in an appropriate way - in other words they make a competitive tender that is compared with at least 2 others and the best for the club is the winner.

However, there are some transactions over the last 10 tears that clearly have not been conducted with that sort of competitive comparison or transparency - and probably have cost the club and its members significantly.

Most notable is the sale of Wallacia Golf Club - sold for probably $10m (minimum) below its real value. In fact not probably, definitely, because the company that bought it from Panthers sold it shortly after for a $10-11m profit.

defunk

Juniors
His business earns half a million - that doesn't mean he earns half a million. The business is in electrical cabling and I imagine that company would be awarded projects in an appropriate way - in other words they make a competitive tender that is compared with at least 2 others and the best for the club is the winner.

However, there are some transactions over the last 10 tears that clearly have not been conducted with that sort of competitive comparison or transparency - and probably have cost the club and its members significantly.

Most notable is the sale of Wallacia Golf Club - sold for probably $10m (minimum) below its real value. In fact not probably, definitely, because the company that bought it from Panthers sold it shortly after for a $10-11m profit.

Troy is that you? Comoetitive tender my backside!

darkbloom

Juniors
If you believe it was competitive then Im Ivan Cleary!
I have only assumed they have done the right thing - do you have any evidence to suggest the awarding of those contracts was done in an appropriate manner.

I do know that some contracts have been awarded to sponsors on the basis tof sponsorship which is very poor practice unless the sponsor is offering competitive pricing, quality and service.

Do you think this is one of those? If you have evidence I'd love to get hold of it.

Someone2

Juniors
Sooo….are we gonna discuss Souths being robbed twice in the last 5mins

first they should of got a penalty for a high tackle (been a penalty every week)
than with 2mins to go a Penrith knocked down a Souths pass which went into touch Souths should of got a scrum

murraymob

Coach
Well the results are in Chairman fletcher is gone and farragher is in.must say I am surprised but clearly fareagher and his mates voted in one block.i am surprised as we just won the grand final

soc123_au

Staff member
Well the results are in Chairman fletcher is gone and farragher is in.must say I am surprised but clearly fareagher and his mates voted in one block.i am surprised as we just won the grand final
Fletcher gone all together?

darkbloom

Juniors
Fletcher is the CEO not the Chairman. The CEO position is by appointment of the Board. Pretty sure Fletcher and Farragher had a massive falling out in the last couple of years after being very close buddies. It will be very interesting to watch how things progress from here.

Iamback

Coach
Fletcher is the CEO not the Chairman. The CEO position is by appointment of the Board. Pretty sure Fletcher and Farragher had a massive falling out in the last couple of years after being very close buddies. It will be very interesting to watch how things progress from here.

Wasn't Fletcher going to retire soon?

Ivan can have that role

Pomoz

Bench
Things are going well. We are building a dynasty so what do we do? We sack one of the the people who helped create it and put a man in place who has no qualifications whatsoever to be a chairman. Unless I am mistaken, John has never run a business of any significance, has no formal education and previous experience on a board. It is the height of stupidity to put such an unqualified person, albeit an undoubtedly "good bloke", in such a senior position. This is the sort of move that led to 40 years of mediocrity. I can't believe we would be so bloody stupid.

soc123_au

Staff member
Things are going well. We are building a dynasty so what do we do? We sack one of the the people who helped create it and put a man in place who has no qualifications whatsoever to be a chairman. Unless I am mistaken, John has never run a business of any significance, has no formal education and previous experience on a board. It is the height of stupidity to put such an unqualified person, albeit an undoubtedly "good bloke", in such a senior position. This is the sort of move that led to 40 years of mediocrity. I can't believe we would be so bloody stupid.
From my understanding John is just a board member. I assume that a new chairman will be decided on later. Dave got the flick from the board, thus making the chairman job impossible for him to continue with. The rest of the board is intact, so still experience there.

DinkyDi

Juniors
From my understanding John is just a board member. I assume that a new chairman will be decided on later. Dave got the flick from the board, thus making the chairman job impossible for him to continue with. The rest of the board is intact, so still experience there.
Dave O'Neill?