What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob Bentley CEO

Suitman

Post Whore
Obviously the new round of troops have rolled in again tonight.
Why don't any of you lot, when you go to the first Eels game, seek out one of the directors, and ask them the question.
I know I'll be doing that.

BTW, Hey Bart, here is a fresh lot of the us vs them mob, but in this case, they are the them's.
Are you going to jump on and bag the them's as well?

Suity

Don't worry Suity you can count the negativos on one hand. They won't make any difference other than turning this once great forum into depressing place to come to. At least the morons at nospam14 talk some footy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
did they try to find out?

If the bloke is already at the club they'd probably already know.

As for 'best person for the job', in a job like this you'll never know whether a person was the best even after the fact. How could you possibly know beforehand?

At least this way they've already been watching him. They know exactly what they're getting which is more than they would get with any external candidate.

El Diablo

Post Whore
huh

if Mayer applied for the job you'd know what he's done in the past which was pretty impressive

i'd like to know if he applied or was asked to

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if Mayer applied for the job you'd know what he's done in the past which was pretty impressive

Just because he's done it in the past at another organisation doesn't mean he could do it here or even whether he would want to. Every club is different and we don't need yet another merkin rebuilding the club from the ground up - we brought Kearney in to do that last year.

I dare say the football club CEO job at Parra is extremely watered down - a mere bean counter - since Kearney demanded total control of football matters for him and his staff. Why not roll it into the Leagues Club CEO job?

bartman

Immortal
BTW, Hey Bart, here is a fresh lot of the us vs them mob, but in this case, they are the them's.
Are you going to jump on and bag the them's as well?
:lol: Good on ya Suity... way to again show you have no clue! Playing a person instead of the issue, and calling out a person that hasn't even posted in this thread. I think that's usually called "trolling"?

To answer your question, the first "negative" post in this thread that wasn't simply exchanging opinions, but sought to be personally negative to those posting their differing opinions was yours, you clown! Congratulations, you've set yourself up for a bagging :lol:.

If you want to stick it to your current version of the "thems", then good luck to you. I'll just keep to bagging people that increase the negativity of the place by getting personal about other posters, and not respecting people's right to voice opinions (about an issue). Give yourself an upper cut :lol:!

bartman

Immortal
I've never been on a crusade to rid this place of negative opinions PP... I'll leave that to others who seem to want to chase that mission. I'm happy reading a diverse range of opinions here, and don't feel a need to pigeonhole or label anyone (because there's no point).

But instigating negativity toward other posters for having different opinions about issues is something I'm happy to point out if I see it, even if Suity has had trouble understanding this concept (over the past say three or so years).

Gronk

Staff member
Leagues Club CEO takes hold of another set of reins at Parramatta Eels Football Club

Parramatta Eels logo

by StreetCorner
03/02/2012
In the same week as debate hots up about whether politicians should be able to hold concurrent roles in Local and State Government, the Parramatta Eels have announced the appointment of Bob Bentley, CEO of the Parramatta Leagues Club as the new CEO of the Parramatta Eels Football Club. The previous Parramatta Eels Football Club CEO, Paul Osbourne resigned last year following controversy over loans made by the Club Chairman to Osborne and the resignation of Glenn Duncan, who was unsatisfied at the way investigations into other financial conduct by Osbourne was handled by the Club.
In today's announcement Bob Bentley is described as 'Group Chief Executive' of the separate entities.
Paul Bentley had already been acting in the position as CEO of the Football Club since the resignation of Osbourne but will now permanantly wear 'two hats'.

“The Leagues Club and the Football Club are intrinsically linked so it makes sense, with the right support structure in place, for us to have a CEO who can implement the Board’s strategic direction in both areas. We’ve been more than happy with Bob’s performance to date and we are satisfied he is the right choice to take us forward," said Parramatta Eels Chairman Roy Spagnolo.
Do you think it's a good idea to have the same CEO for the Football Club as the Leagues Club? Is there a potential for conflicts in any area?
http://www.streetcorner.com.au/news/showPost.cfm?bid=23301&mycomm=WC