What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bob Bentley CEO

Stagger eel

Staff member
By the way, can anyone give me an example where an applications have been made public with any ceo's role?

born an eel

Bench
Maybe this is the first step in fulfilling an election promise of having the NRL side controlled by the football club.

If you have a common GEO, looking after the interest of both the leagues club and football club, it would then require the head of each sector to be "experts" in each role.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Isn't it all relative though PP. One person's "negative" is simply another person's analytic thinking.

Imo kind of touches on that small minded "my country right or wrong", "if you're not with us you must be against us" mentality? Why not repsect the diversity and live and let live?

Right, and if people want to call you on being a death-rider and fixating on all the negatives and lowering the tone of the place, then who are you to disrespect their opinions?

See the slippery slope bartman? You can either allow an endless cycle of negativity under the principle of 'respecting diversity' or you can cut negativity off as soon as it rears its ugly head, as some people have done with you and your death-riding mates.

Glenn

First Grade
Maybe he was the best applicant for the position, we will never know.
There will always will be suspicions when things turn out like this, time will tell if this was the right move or not.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
huh

if Mayer applied for the job you'd know what he's done in the past which was pretty impressive

i'd like to know if he applied or was asked to

A friend of mine is very close to Grant Mayer and she states that he did not apply or express interest in the position as he is very happy at GWS.

eels81236

Bench
I almost agreed with the emotion that the two roles should be split, as one person can't cover both successfully. Emotions change.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Yeah I dunno. Some people had mentioned previously that Ozzies role was very full on. So Bob will have his work cut out performing Ozzys old role as well as his current role of overseeing the NRL side and Leagues Club.
If anyone can do it I reckon he's the man.

born an eel

Bench
I'm sure he would have read the football club constitution this time to see if he was eligible before announcing his appointment.

eels81236

Bench
Yeah I dunno. Some people had mentioned previously that Ozzies role was very full on. So Bob will have his work cut out performing Ozzys old role as well as his current role of overseeing the NRL side and Leagues Club.
If anyone can do it I reckon he's the man.

It seems he has all bases covered. Suck it and see I guess. What is there to lose?

strider

Post Whore
In all honesty, I have NFI if its good or bad cos I have NFI what the 2 roles entail .... seriously, its all so hazy who here knows what the responsibilities are? ... Leagues Club own the club and NRL team - I imagine thats where most big decisions are made ... Footy Club, technically operates the juniors so ??????

Maroubra Eel

Coach
In all honesty, I have NFI if its good or bad cos I have NFI what the 2 roles entail .... seriously, its all so hazy who here knows what the responsibilities are? ... Leagues Club own the club and NRL team - I imagine thats where most big decisions are made ... Footy Club, technically operates the juniors so ??????

Haha yeah me too. But I just like talking shit.

Latest posts