What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bojangles Thompson

Playing him in the centres has been a master stroke. Rocket Reddy was a frontrower in the u8s, surely he's still capable of playing there. Tim sheens would be proud of that selection Harry; a case of thinking outside the box.

Didnt hear any complaints or criticisms leading up to the game. So easy to criticise in retrospect.
We are missing two centres. Thompson has played plenty of centre. It was a calculated gamble. He wasnt our worst.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It was a very dumb decision, especially because we had a centre on the bench.

We have lots of injuries, but how hard is it picking players in their correct positions? It's so f**king annoying.

Thompson clearly isn't a centres arsehole.

Didnt hear any complaints or criticisms leading up to the game. So easy to criticise in retrospect.
We are missing two centres. Thompson has played plenty of centre. It was a calculated gamble. He wasnt our worst.

What are you talking about? His unsuitability as a centre was evident last week when he was shifted there to cover Lawrence and he was caught out in defence countless times. The decision to move Thompson to the centre in that game could be excused on the grounds that Lawrence's injury was clearly unforeseeable and there were no backs on the bench to bring on as a replacement. Yet after seeing how much it failed last week, Potter decided to repeat the move this week. Perhaps the selection didnt draw howls of protest outside the gates of Camp Concord but not did it garner much praise. I put the muted response down to the general despondency that most fans are feeling at the moment. There's no point in gnashing your teeth over one selection in a team of plodders when the result is an inevitability. I shouldn't single Thompson out for criticism, he's no worse than any of the other hacks in our side. If anything, he has the excuse that he's playing out of position. I was more venting my frustration at Potter for playing A backrower in the centres when he could've used Lawrence's injury to blood a young outside back.

Last edited:
A backrower in the centres may work in a team that is settled,organised and all on the same page,unfortunately the WT are everything but,so placing a backrower there as a stop gap solution was always going to fail.

Tiger05

First Grade

Yep but it was a poor decision in hindsight. I liked the look of Simona though.

I agree 05 about Simona,he looks like he wants to compete,why is it that we can not replace an injured player with another player that plays the same position the following the week.Sure reshuffling may be required during the game due to injuries but carrying it over into the following week is just dumb.

leoc

Juniors
What are you talking about? His unsuitability as a centre was evident last week when he was shifted there to cover Lawrence and he was caught out in defence countless times. The decision to move Thompson to the centre in that game could be excused on the grounds that Lawrence's injury was clearly unforeseeable and there were no backs on the bench to bring on as a replacement. Yet after seeing how much it failed last week, Potter decided to repeat the move this week. Perhaps the selection didnt draw howls of protest outside the gates of Camp Concord but not did it garner much praise. I put the muted response down to the general despondency that most fans are feeling at the moment. There's no point in gnashing your teeth over one selection in a team of plodders when the result is an inevitability. I shouldn't single Thompson out for criticism, he's no worse than any of the other hacks in our side. If anything, he has the excuse that he's playing out of position. I was more venting my frustration at Potter for playing A backrower in the centres when he could've used Lawrence's injury to blood a young outside back.

Aren't our hands tied because of the second tear salary cap? I thought we couldn't blood anymore because of the amount of players already used covering injuries. Maybe due to stupid caps etc. we are forced into using what we can to cover positions until our frontliners return!!!

Packy

Bench
I felt bloody sorry for him. He's probably lucky he had Lafai instead of Morris who ran laps of Reddy anwyay.

It was a very dumb decision, especially because we had a centre on the bench.

We have lots of injuries, but how hard is it picking players in their correct positions? It's so f**king annoying.

Thompson clearly isn't a centres arsehole.

Problem is he doesn't go looking for the ball enough in the second row either. The aggression the forwards showed toward the beginning of the year is dissipating week on week. Make the merkins work or drop them, simple as that!

Always gives 110%. Tried hard tonight. Would be much like an Alex Glenn in a good side. He needs some structure so he can play his role. A very capable first grader......but just lost in our disorganised system.

He is a keeper....despite seemingly being ineffectual.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I think he's a lazy bum. Has had one good game against Melbourne and been snit ever since.

Hardly surprising as he was a fringe first grader at a poor team before we signed him. Another dud recruitment decision.

Tiger05

First Grade
He is a decent fringe player at this point. He can run it hard but I'm not sure if he is what we need.

BUMP

Am I the only person who thinks Bojangles is going great this year? He's kind of off the radar but he's been a strong performer week in week out.