What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bolters for the Tri-Nations

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

ucantseeme

Juniors
John Skandalis may be considered if Tigers go all the way

But I feel the Kangaroo team will look like the St George Illawarra Broncos guest starring Andrew Johns

Balmain_Boy

That's what most annoys me. Saints are good, but they aren't that much better than everyone else. Already added to their current stock of reps, apparently

Ben Creagh
Lance Thompson
Dean Young

Both deserve to go. Meaning they have reps in almost every position except fullback and the wings. They better win if that's the case...

Corbin

Juniors
i totally disagree with players playing for Australia before they have played for NSW, Yes Widders have been sensational but you cant just walk into the australian team, he should work for the 06 NSW jersey (which he will probaly get) and then go for Australian

And Minichello is over Hodsgen easy.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
For those who suggest Robbie Farah, Dean Widders etc over Wing consider this.. Wing can play hooker, half, 5/8 and centre at a pinch. I agree Farah and Widders have easily outplayed Wing this season but they don't have his versatility. If anything Ben Hornby would be a justfiable selection ahead of Wing for his versatilty.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
The 4th bench spot ie.. The one that Wing occupies should be left to someone who can easily slot into the backline as well as play in the forwards.

Parrasque

Juniors
Glenn Morrosin, Dean Widders, Ben Smith, Scott Prince, Danny Nuttly and Anthony Toupu SHOULD BE THE BOLTERS!

How about young Tim Smith: LOL

But in the unlikely event of Warrington reaching Old Trafford for the first time, Australia are more likely to call up one of the other outstanding scrum-halves from the National Rugby League competition for the New Zealand game - probably Melbourne's Matt Orford, or Tim Smith, a youngster who yesterday continued his remarkable season by leading Parramatta to a 28-14 win against Bennett's Brisbane Broncos to secure top spot in the final NRL table.

The English are saying that after Johns and Orford, Smith is in line for the Australia Half Back role!

Y2Eel

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
For those who suggest Robbie Farah, Dean Widders etc over Wing consider this.. Wing can play hooker, half, 5/8 and centre at a pinch. I agree Farah and Widders have easily outplayed Wing this season but they don't have his versatility. If anything Ben Hornby would be a justfiable selection ahead of Wing for his versatilty.

dean widders = centre 2nd row lock 5/8 hooker

Y2Eel

First Grade
Cockadoodledoo said:
not at International level.. His lateral defence would be exposed in the backs..

why he defends there most the time? at club level

I would not pick Craig Wing anywhere. Couple of years ago he was good, but he doesn't threaten anyone anymore. Hornby would be better utility value. I doubt you'll see alot of these bolters because they've not played origin. Rarely do players play for Australia before Origin. They've also indicated that there won't be many bolters, if any. They are going with proven players. Shame though

Balmain_Boy

BS Wing can play in the centres and halves at a pinch. Farah can play in the halves and has proved himself a far superior ball player to Wing. Perhaps he can't play in the centres, but Wing can't play in the Centres WELL. With Widders and Farah on the bench Widders could cover the centres and Farah the halves. Too easy.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
BS Wing can play in the centres and halves at a pinch. Farah can play in the halves and has proved himself a far superior ball player to Wing. Perhaps he can't play in the centres, but Wing can't play in the Centres WELL. With Widders and Farah on the bench Widders could cover the centres and Farah the halves. Too easy.

Not a bad option but for some reason dean young will get picked Truck knows why

Balmain_Boy

Because he plays for saints. Thompson and Creagh will probably go as well.

Not to mention
Barrett
Hornby
Ryles
Bailey
Cooper
Gasnier

jamesgould

Juniors
It is Wayne Bennett picking this side ... so it will be all the same old. I'd give Clint Newton a chance otherwise, but can't see him making it without playing in the finals. Steve Simpson can count himself a certainty, though.

As for New Zealand - Craig Smith should be the first player on the plane. I thought we should have called him up when injuries struck during the tri-series last year actually ... great player, how good is it that he became a Knight.

Iafeta

Referee
Tupou and Farah would be my bolters, Prince I think will go anyway as second halfback with Kimmorley out, and he deserves to so I don't rate him a "bolter".

Having said that, I'm fairly sure the Australians will go with Ben Creagh as the nominated bolter.

As far as the Kiwis go, I'd not be surprised to see Vatuvei, Soliola and David Faiumu on the tour.

ledzep

Bench
Balmain_Boy said:
wasn't wing man of the match playing in the centres during the 2003 kangaroos tour?

Latest posts