What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bond/Astil ready for England

Shane Bond and Nathen Astil are both aiming to be fit for England. Bond said the other day he will most likly be ready and so should Astil . Lets hope they are.

Dose anyone know when we are to play England

wittyz chick

Coach
The test are in May(1st), June(2nd n 3rd)
then one day series is June and July but i reckon NZ will win with or without Bond and Astle

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It will be good to see how the revitalised Kiwis go againts the pomms.

Anonymous

Juniors
Bond and Astle will both be certainties IF they are fully fit. For mine we are one bowler short at the moment (Kyle Mills anyone?). In the one-dayers, I think that Papps will end up dropped regardless of how well he goes against SA.

Thierry Henry said:
Bond and Astle will both be certainties IF they are fully fit. For mine we are one bowler short at the moment (Kyle Mills anyone?). In the one-dayers, I think that Papps will end up dropped regardless of how well he goes against SA.
I dont think Papps will get drop if he continues his form there is no one beter to replace him. Astil bats at 3 thats his preferd position he has got some compatition for his spot now with Marshall.
Kyle Mills will be droped for bond bond is three times the bolwer of mills

ThrashViking

Juniors
Marshall will be prefered over Papps going on current form,Astle will be used as an opener
The tests might be a different storey

bayrep

Juniors
I heard ont he radio this morning that Bond was in the nets yesterday. After a full work out he reakons that he feels great, no pain. They reakon he might be an out side chance for the tests agaisnt SA. Heres hoping

ozbash

Referee
macmillan and marshall better pull their socks up and start getting consistent ,other wise theres your 2 spots.

Kiwi

First Grade
wohooo Bond back, the best pace bowler in the world will soon be tormenting batsmen once again

bayrep said:
I heard ont he radio this morning that Bond was in the nets yesterday. After a full work out he reakons that he feels great, no pain. They reakon he might be an out side chance for the tests agaisnt SA. Heres hoping
Thats great news :D
We neeed anther bolwer that can preform at te death

bayrep

Juniors
This is Marshalls first 50 in the home series against Pak and SA from mem, before yesterday I would have siad he should be the first to go if Astle does come back in, I didnt think Marshals record had been that good. That would mean that the weak link would have to be MacMillian.

Kiwi

First Grade
ozbash said:
macmillan and marshall better pull their socks up and start getting consistent ,other wise theres your 2 spots.

You have to be kidding right? Marshall has batted 13 times made 516 runs at and average of 46.90, with 1 century and 5 fifties, and thats not including the last game. Why don't we dump Flemming, Styris and Oram while we're at it, better ditch Cairns too, looks like he might be playing well now too. Note the sarcasm.

Hows it going by the way?

salivor

First Grade
Marshell is actually averaging 34 at home so far and yesterday was his 3rd half century on home soil so he isn't doing too badly. It's a big call but I don't think there is a place for Astle now in that side unless you drop McMillan. It's about building for the future, Astle is already 32 with 2 dodgy knees while Papps looks to have the goods as a long term opener in both forms of the game.