What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bond/Astil ready for England

bayrep

Juniors
When was the last time NZ had this problem of keeping out a class batsman because the team was performing well with the bat ? Are we finally starting to see some depth and form in NZ domestic and international cricket.

We sure are. Just wait til Ross Taylor gets in the team and smashes everyone over the ropes.

Cant wait to get to Aussie at full strength with Bondy & Dirty and take them on again. Obviously most of you will take us lightly. But we're good as underdogs. Kiwis are fighters. :evil:

Iafeta

Referee
Marshall scored two fifties against the Pakis. Both match winning innings. I'd estimate he saved another 60 runs in the series in the field too.

Astle will probably come in for Papps, who looks to be a very good cricketer, but only 4 games. Astle's experience is very beneficial to the side, especially if he's able to bowl a few overs of his medium pacers. Papps will come in for Vincent in the test team undoubtably. Bond will be a first choice selection in both teams. Astle will have to fight Cairns I would imagine for 5/6th batting slot in the test team.

Good dramas to have for NZC. A good sign of the development of the team through the Academy and Bracewell's influence.

ozbash

Referee
Kiwi said:
ozbash said:
macmillan and marshall better pull their socks up and start getting consistent ,other wise theres your 2 spots.

You have to be kidding right? Marshall has batted 13 times made 516 runs at and average of 46.90, with 1 century and 5 fifties, and thats not including the last game. Why don't we dump Flemming, Styris and Oram while we're at it, better ditch Cairns too, looks like he might be playing well now too. Note the sarcasm.

Hows it going by the way?

marshall ? i never trust a pakeha with dreads,, even puny dreads :lol:

things are going very well mate,, the crickets good, the leagues going to be better and auckland got slapped by the brumbies (only time i cheer for aussie sides :D )

marshall was impressive yesterday, i thought he might fold when flemming got out but he stuck to it.

macmillan, ? time he went.

JJ

Immortal
wittyz chick said:
Bond should be a shoe in...Astle he has some competition

Rubbish - they're both certainties. Until Fleming's recent run of outstanding form, Astle has been our best player by a mile for ages.

Tests

Richardson
Papps
Fleming
Astle
Styris
McMillan
Hart/McCullum
Oram/Cairns
Vettori
Bond
Tuffey

Clearly Vincent goes. Solid side, I reckon - Papps looks a good player.

Yer Astil should defenitly be in the test side
I think it will be

Richardson
Fleming
Marshall
Astil
Styris
Cairns
McMillan
McCnllum
Vettori
Tuffy
Bond

If one of the Batsman arnt proforming bring Papps in
And if one of the fast or meduim fast bolwers arnt proforming bring Oram in. If Vettori dosen't proform bring in Harris

Much the same side as yours JJ I think Marshall will get in before Papps just. Papps first in for injuryor bad proformance from a bats man.

salivor

First Grade
I wouldn't have Marshell in there. Fleming isn't a Test opener, he's more than proved himself to be a world class number 3 and the only weak point in our Test side is an opening partner for Richardson which Papps is the obvious choice for.

ODI

Fleming
Papps
Marshall
Astil
Styris
Cairns
Oram
MCCulum
Vettori
Tuffy
Bond

I think that is the likly team, What does everyone else think?

ThrashViking

Juniors
kiwi knights fan said:
ODI

Fleming
Papps
Marshall
Astil
Styris
Cairns
Oram
MCCulum
Vettori
Tuffy
Bond

I think that is the likly team, What does everyone else think?
Would they drop McMillan for a slower-scoring Papps though?
Probley not