What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boohoo AFL - Take note Bob Carr

Alan Shore

First Grade
Herald Sun said:
Sports battle joined

By Jeremy Kelly

Premier Steve Bracks will try to stop ABC Television replacing its sports buletin with a recorded segment from Sydney.

The ABC plans to have a natonal wrap of the day's sport recorded in Sydney and presented by former rugby league commentator Peter Wilkins.

The news part of the bulletin would still be produced in Melbourne.

The AFL and the State Government fear the move will lend itself to reduced coverage of football and mnor sports being presented on the ABCs 7pm news.

Mr Bracks described the move as outrageous and said he would write to ABC management.

"You have to really question why you would have a rugby league player reporting on Victorian AFL and VFL football," Mr Bracks said.

Moffo

Referee
What a joke, Bracks has no right to butt his nose into such issues

Jerk

Cheers,
Moffo

eelandia

Juniors
They're very insular down there - like Bruce McAvaney knows anything about Union (world cup crap commentary).

PB

Bench
Tell Bracks we will do a trade.

I will put up with Wilkins (he and the Wok could put an insomniac to sleep!) if they take freaking Rebecca Wilson back!

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
eelandia said:
They're very insular down there - like Bruce McAvaney knows anything about Union (world cup crap commentary).

Hey hang a sec, there is a number of people who fight tooth and nail to promote league down here.

Bracks has always been a prat where League is concern and thinks he is god gift to everythine, but please don't put the rest of us down here in he's category.

Surandy

Bench
Moffo said:
What a joke, Bracks has no right to butt his nose into such issues

Jerk

Cheers,
Moffo

Bracksy loves to butt into issues like this, unless it involves Melbourne Storm and rugby league. In those cases he won't even look into it.

JK

We can't be sectarian about this issue!

Let's take the league-hating sucker down!!!! 8)

Leaguies of the world unite!

Le Rouge

Juniors
WTF the Dickhead Eddie Maguire the biggest AFL chump off all can't keep his ugly head off TV, He hosts a million shitty programs.

By Bracks's logic we should see An NRL CEO hosting anything Eddie does in the League states.

More Narrow minded AFL/Victorian dribble, Nervous of Rugby Leagues prescence in their hole of a state.

iggy plop

First Grade
PB said:

I will put up with Wilkins (he and the Wok could put an insomniac to sleep!) if they take freaking Rebecca Wilson back!

Nothing wrong with Wilkins and the Wok - at least they talk about the game with passion and knowledge.

iggy plop

First Grade
Tamazoid said:
Herald Sun said:
Sports battle joined

By Jeremy Kelly

Premier Steve Bracks will try to stop ABC Television replacing its sports buletin with a recorded segment from Sydney.

The ABC plans to have a natonal wrap of the day's sport recorded in Sydney and presented by former rugby league commentator Peter Wilkins.

The news part of the bulletin would still be produced in Melbourne.

The AFL and the State Government fear the move will lend itself to reduced coverage of football and mnor sports being presented on the ABCs 7pm news.

Mr Bracks described the move as outrageous and said he would write to ABC management.

"You have to really question why you would have a rugby league player reporting on Victorian AFL and VFL football," Mr Bracks said.

Wilkins a rugby league player?? Gee those mexicans are ignorant.

It looks like it was written by a Chimpanzee.

And I didn't know Peter Wilkins played League?

Anyway, since when has any Premier of Victoria been able to write?

tdcockers

Juniors
i think i will have to write to the ABC management too - to tell them that it is a brilliant idea, and not to let bracksy rule their lives. oh, and any anti-bracks propoganda you can publish would be good, too :)

PB

Bench
iggy plop said:
PB said:

Nothing wrong with Wilkins and the Wok - at least they talk about the game with passion and knowledge.

Wilkins..Passion.. If thats him talking with passion, i would hate to see him deliver a eulogy at a funeral, the whole audience would be jumping in the hole in the ground!

As for Bracks, its a simple case of taking the easy way. The majority of people don't follow league, and the majority of people love hearing anti NSW things, so bracks plays up to them on a non-issue such as this to make himself look more in touch with the masses.

Bozza 1980

Juniors
I think you guys are finding it a little easy to jump full stick into Victorians about sectarianism etc.

I doubt you lot would be too happy if the ABC had of decided to deliver it's national sport report from a Melbourne view point, probably about as happy as the majority of Melburnians will be about a Sydney based sports report.

storm007

Juniors
tdcockers said:
i think i will have to write to the ABC management too - to tell them that it is a brilliant idea, and not to let bracksy rule their lives. oh, and any anti-bracks propoganda you can publish would be good, too :)

I would also tell the ABC it is a great idea, more mention of league in Melbourne the better.

Latest posts