What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024-25 Off Season Incidents

Wb1234

Immortal
He’s going to cop a long ban even if the broncos sack him

People don’t realise when your an unlicensed and driving a car in your name every time you pass a cop car a notification goes off for them to check whose driving

I’ve had two people I know get done for this in the past week

Fangs

Coach
He’s going to cop a long ban even if the broncos sack him

People don’t realise when your an unlicensed and driving a car in your name every time you pass a cop car a notification goes off for them to check whose driving

I’ve had two people I know get done for this in the past week

Don't you mean a car unregistered?

Munky

Coach
If they lost their licence it makes sense. If that covers people who just let their licence expire then it would be an enormous list wouldn't it?

It'd take microseconds to do a lookup query of every car going past.

Kilkenny

Coach
All of the NSW police HWP vehicles have number plate recognition technology so I assume Qld have the same. It automatically identifies if a vehicle is unregistered, uninsured but based on records can also link potential unlicensed, suspended or disqualified drivers to the vehicle.

Kilkenny

Coach
So if I lose my licence and just drive my misso's car I'll be fine? Does not compute. Otherwise they'd have to pull every car over to check the driver.
To a certain degree that is true, unless you have been caught driving the vehicle previously in which the ANPR will identify through previous intelligence an unlicensed driver has been linked to the vehicle on a previous occasion. The system allows for all sorts of intelligence including being linked to gang activity, drugs etc etc.

aqua_duck

Coach
Smith was careless backing out of his driveway which resulted in him being hit by a passing car, people actually want him jailed, Mam was allegedly under the influence of drugs, unlicensed and literally drove on to the wrong side of the road causing a head on crash, that should be the death penalty