What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book: March of the Blue & Golds

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Does anyone know when the affordable version will be released?

I thought it was.

There is the limited edition collectors one, and the normal everyday one.

I reckon the 400 limited edition ones will be snapped up quick smart. Wouldn't surprise me if they are already gone.

bartman

Immortal
Affordable version is priced at $49.95 according to the link.

As the 1987 version is already in my bookshelf, I might bide my time - like Morts, I reckon this book's sign-on value will go down slightly over time...

maybe ill go for the affordable version id love the signed one but id be too afraid to read it in case i got fingerprints all over it lol

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...drops-churchill-bombshell-20110903-1jrdv.html
PARRAMATTA reneged on a deal to appoint Clive Churchill as a coach and Brian Smith guided the Eels virtually for free in his first year - these are just some of the revelations to come out of a new book, The Parramatta Eels: March of the Blue and Golds, written by Neil Cadigan. Also touched on is how close the club came to merging with Balmain and Penrith, before ultimately knocking back Super League overtures at a cost of $20 million; and how Dean Pay, one of the ''Canterbury Four'' who led the revival under Smith, had to be talked out of a premature retirement in 1997.
Adrian Proszenko

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think there was any secret about how close we were to merging with Balmain, they ultimately rejected as in favour of the Western Suburbs because they didn't want to be the minority party of a merged entity.

Parra Guru

Coach
I received a signed copy today for Fathers Day. :shock:

Looks fantastic, but not sure whether I should read it or sit it on the mantle piece and just stare at it. :lol:

A big thank you to my 2 children (a.k.a. the wife). :ls:

You must be a good Dad. Well done! :lol: