What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boots

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
But, but... with all the "light" of the sun being projected 24/7, would the boots fade ?
Surely they would. If they do fade, would that result to additional " slippage" or improve "sliding"? Stay on track Muz..
This is a multi layered question..

If you’re talking about the colour of the boot fading - depending on the pigment used to dye the boot, they will fade at different speeds.. Red boots first, white boots last..But overall there would be a faster rate of colour fade versus a day/night scenario..

However if fade is in reference to the players slipping over like they were last night, the fade will be significantly reduced as there will be some heat creep from the reflected light, regardless of how effective the GMN is..

The sunlight will result in a higher rate of evaporation and reduced precipitation at night (dew) resulting in a dryer field surface and therefore less slipping..

TruSaint

Referee
This is a multi layered question..

If you’re talking about the colour of the boot fading - depending on the pigment used to dye the boot, they will fade at different speeds.. Red boots first, white boots last..But overall there would be a faster rate of colour fade versus a day/night scenario..

However if fade is in reference to the players slipping over like they were last night, the fade will be significantly reduced as there will be some heat creep from the reflected light, regardless of how effective the GMN is..

The sunlight will result in a higher rate of evaporation and reduced precipitation at night (dew) resulting in a dryer field surface and therefore less slipping..

Excellent analysis... ;)

possm

Coach
When I played we used to have boots with metal studs. Field goals were 2 points, I think tries were worth 3 points, players on the bench had to play in reserve grade that day and a punch in the mouth was just a normal occurrence.

Dragon for life

Juniors
There would be dark places people could go to if they really craved a lack of light..

Movie theatres, Dragons boardrooms, laser tag venues..

Hell, it may even encourage more people to take up caving - again a win for mankind as we’ll all become fitter from more activity...

And I really don’t think there would be a lack of sleep.. The afore mentioned sleep masks would be of great use, and we could adapt future housing design to have bedrooms placed in the centre of the house and be devoid of windows..
We could also use the masks when the boys are playing!!

Reactions: Btk

BLM01

First Grade
When I played we used to have boots with metal studs. Field goals were 2 points, I think tries were worth 3 points, players on the bench had to play in reserve grade that day and a punch in the mouth was just a normal occurrence.
So now are you punch drunk! :p