What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borussia LU: Team Thread!

Bumble

First Grade
6th: Bumble gets in behind the defence and swings a cross in at the far post for superloco...but it's tipped away by Given.
11th: Duff hits a long ball to Ameobi...it's split the defence and hit him right on the feet! Goal to Newcastle! 1-0.
20th: Parker heads over from basically on the penalty spot.
22nd: Given saves a wrasping low drive from weasel, 20 yards out.
38th: NP's shot is flicked away by Given...the slightest touch
40th: NP skips through...he's one on one but Titus f**king Bramble comes from nowhere and dispossesses him. How embarassing. weasel finds himself with the ball 30 yards out and it's another top corner scorcher...but it's somehow saved by Given. FFS!
44th: Ameobi shoots wide from 10 yards.
45th: Emre's free kick is tipped over.

Half time: 1-0 to the enemy. We haven't played badly, one mistake in defence combined with Shay Given being a beast in goals are keeping us trailing in this one.

Bumble

First Grade
55th: A freekick just inside Newcastle territory is taken by Ridders - it goes out to B-Dos on the left, in for weasel who has a pop from 30 yards...over the bar.
62nd: Parker's fiercely struck free kick is palmed away by SD.
65th: NP dribbles straight through 2 would-be defenders...before his shot takes a block to evade Given...but stops on the goal line! picked up by Given.
66th: Phillips second yellow...gone! LU down to 10. Oh dear. LU won't sit back though, as more men push forward to grab an equaliser.
66th: Parker slides in late on Ridders...he's already been booked too! 10 on 10!
72nd: Rossi beats B-Dos on the outside, skips away and beats an advancing keeper. 2-0.
74th: Given saves from Bumble, one on one.
79th: NP flicks it on for Bumble...who finally puts one past Given...but also the post!
85th: Somehow Martins traps the ball on the byline about a metre outside the post and bends it in. 3-0.

FULL TIME: NEWCASTLE 3 - BORUSSIA LU 0

I've come to the realisation that as soon as the HSC is over, I'm getting FM 2008. I've also realised that despite the player ability of each of the squad members being 150+, we can't get a win for love nor money...despite using the same tactics that I used with my quadruple winning Spurs team. Confused, I am.

In any case, it appears as though I'll be uninstalling this game next week, which means I'll probably start a new LU team in FM08, with new players and hopefully, with the actual name LU.

Bumble

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Am I really that cr*p or is it those bloody defenders again?

I was so confused as to why you were doing so badly despite having good stats, I went into Modifier and made your current ability 199.

That was BEFORE the Newcastle game. :lol::lol::oops:

Dragooner

Bench
Bumble said:
I was so confused as to why you were doing so badly despite having good stats, I went into Modifier and made your current ability 199.

That was BEFORE the Newcastle game. :lol::lol::oops:

Well that's f*cked up!!!!

Change you're tactics.

Bumble

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Well that's f*cked up!!!!

Change you're tactics.

I think irrespective of which tactic I choose, The keeper still has the same orders:

Stop the f**king ball. :lol::lol::lol: