What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought not Bred?

oldmancraigy

Coach
What ever happened to the Bulldogs "bred not bought" boast that they were making about themselves a few years back???

Looking at them now, surely it's exactly the opposite story?

Bought:
1. Patten
4. Morris
5. Goodwin
7. Kimmorley
8. Hannant
9. Ennis
10. Hodgson
11. Eastwood
12. Ryan
13. Stagg

15. Armit
16. Gordon
As opposed to their "bred" list

2. El Masri
3. Idris
6. Roberts

14. Hickey
17. Warburton

Maybe it was a stupid boast at the time, because they're in the Grand Final qualifier now - and that's what people remember!

ashrafieh

Juniors
This would have to be the 5th thread with the title "Bought Not Bred" in the last 6 or so months:lol:...

Bulldogs 4 Life!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
By the way...

Im pretty sure Roberts is a Tigers Junior, Warburton is from Ulladulla and Idris from Forster.

Bulldog Force

Referee
We had $2,000,000 to spend and you want us to spend that on no one? :lol:
Mate, seriously, any idiot would've figured out that was a simple marketing gimmick for our clash with the Roosters last year. I guess that makes you even stupider than an idiot. :crazy:

ashrafieh

Juniors
By the way...

Im pretty sure Roberts is a Tigers Junior, Warburton is from Ulladulla and Idris from Forster.

Idris played for Chester Hill first when he started playing league (Under 6's) before going to Forster and coming back.

BUT If we're to say that about every country player, Hindmarsh isn't a Parramatta Junior, neither is Smith, Mortimer, Burt, Grothe etc (That's just for Parramatta)...

oldmancraigy

Coach
We had $2,000,000 to spend and you want us to spend that on no one? :lol:
Mate, seriously, any idiot would've figured out that was a simple marketing gimmick for our clash with the Roosters last year. I guess that makes you even stupider than an idiot. :crazy:

Maybe it was a stupid boast at the time, because they're in the Grand Final qualifier now - and that's what people remember!

I might be stupider than an idiot - but at least I can read.

I guess that makes you even stupider than someone who is stupider than an idiot.

Apologies to all those who can read - I didn't realize there had been so many threads in the last 6 months!!

Im over it, its a stupid thing to talk about really considering that theres a thing called the salary cap. My only problem with the whole situation is that they gave sh*t to the roosters about it and then did the same thing. The whole bred not bought gripe they had with the roosters was a pretty stupid way to go about things, especially since its impossible for any club to not buy players in the leagues current format.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bought not bred? Meh.

Preliminary finalists just 12 months after collecting the spoon. Suck it.

ostrich20

Juniors
The era is over where juniors go onto play for the same first grade club. Of course loyalty gets thrown out the window when you throw a large amount of money at such a young player to cross ship.

Big Mick

Referee
YAWN!!!

All said before.

Its funny once, twice...a few more times but now its just old.

Hate them all you want, I don't hate them...or like them, but I respect them for the way they've changed that whole club around in a short space of time and whatever the result tomorrow they should be commended for that.

Latest posts