What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought not Bred?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well said Mick, thanks for the respect to the club.

thuggdogg

Juniors
You want da cream of da crop?
Tha Warburtons and tha Josh Morris type?

You gotta pay !

Some areas be football rich participation wise like Illawarra, Brisbane,Parramatta and penrith...Other areas like Sydney City dont have the parks to support juniors and they gotta pay.

In tha footy rich areas you cant cram them all in da one team if you tried. Otherwise Brissys 5th best side still beating Melbournes best side.
Melbourne dont play d game, same thing.

In Bankstowns case we got alot of ethnics, chinese, Afghans etc.

These people dont do sport. If they do, it soccer. One day they might but ATM the area is filled wid people that got other issues and interests.

meltiger

First Grade
Well said Mick, thanks for the respect to the club.

Hey even coming from someone like me who disrespects your club, has no good feelings towards them, not even any passive ones ... Your club literally disgusts me in every way ...

Even I would be on Canterbury's side in this argument.

It was a marketing gimmick for ONE single game FFS lol

A game where they happened to draw a crowd they probably wouldn't have drawn otherwise too for that matter ;-)

ByRd

First Grade

You gotta pay !

Some areas be football rich participation wise like Illawarra, Brisbane,Parramatta and penrith...Other areas like Sydney City dont have the parks to support juniors and they gotta pay.

In tha footy rich areas you cant cram them all in da one team if you tried. Otherwise Brissys 5th best side still beating Melbournes best side.

These people dont do sport. If they do, it soccer. One day they might but ATM the area is filled wid people that got other issues and interests.
:lol::lol::lol:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Im over it, its a stupid thing to talk about really considering that theres a thing called the salary cap. My only problem with the whole situation is that they gave sh*t to the roosters about it and then did the same thing. The whole bred not bought gripe they had with the roosters was a pretty stupid way to go about things, especially since its impossible for any club to not buy players in the leagues current format.

They gave sh*t to the Roosters because the Roosters purchased a large chunk of their players which was why the match and therefore the slogan was so hyped up to begin with.

What annoys me about the situation is that everyone is complaining about how there's not enough money, there aren't enough genuine rivarlies, yet when a team is active in hyping a game to increase revenue fans feel the need to crap all over it for years to come.

ByRd

First Grade
They gave sh*t to the Roosters because the Roosters purchased a large chunk of their players which was why the match and therefore the slogan was so hyped up to begin with.

What annoys me about the situation is that everyone is complaining about how there's not enough money, there aren't enough genuine rivarlies, yet when a team is active in hyping a game to increase revenue fans feel the need to crap all over it for years to come.
Exactly right, we built that rivalry and people still hate on it, we need more of it in the game.

ostrich20

Juniors

You gotta pay !

:lol::lol::lol:

deadset, funniest thing i have read in some time.

F-1-11

Juniors
2. El Masri . came from Enfield Federals, played in the old Wests comp originally. Until the Bulldogs took over that comp.
3. Idris ,from up Taree way.
6. Roberts ,Wests Tigers flegg player.

_Johnsy

Referee
This would have to be the 5th thread with the title "Bought Not Bred" in the last 6 or so months:lol:...

Bulldogs 4 Life!

There has been about 456 thousand saints premiers t-shirts threads, but that didn't stop anyone running with the lie. The bred not bought shirts were actually produced. Suck it up sweetie.

Patsy

Juniors
every team buys & sells players - it is a sign of the times.

dogs probably have a few less juniors than most sides but they did lose alot of senior players who were breed in the last 2 years i.e. mason, matuia, sbw, hughes, etc

Crippler

Juniors
Parra do alright

players produced by parra. 1st grade debut

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3.Inu
4. Reddy
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
8. Cayliss
9. Keating
11. Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
15 Mateo
16 Mannah

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well, if you adopt the philosophy of some people on here, you have to go down to kids footy to get the "true" gauge... :roll:

Latest posts