What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bowen the next target for Union

Special K

Coach
You wouldn't get Bowen out of QLD so as if he would move to Perth.

Pat Richards and Parramatta's Matt Petersen - OMFG nooo :lol:

Darth Bobo

Pat Richard is actually having a good season on the wing for the Tigers this year, even if he wasn't playing for the Tigers I'd still rate him well above Peterson.

The thing that has hampered Richards previous years were serious injury but having gone injury free for a while it would be a shame for the Tigers to lose him. But on the other hand they are just wingers and easily replaced in league.

FFS Braith Anasta made his debut on the wing so if a decent 5/8 can play a decent wing game then let the rahs rahs bag all the wingers they want and feel like they are actually making a dent on the player pool. We lose more players from the NRL to the UK clubs than union.

rugged

Juniors
Next player for union to target should be Berrick Barnes who was a former rugby union player at school. The Reds were after him originally. I think his contract would expire this year but not sure.

JW

Coach
rugged said:
Next player for union to target should be Berrick Barnes who was a former rugby union player at school. The Reds were after him originally. I think his contract would expire this year but not sure.

:roll:

Barnes ditched contract opportunites with Cricket, Union and others because he loved his League. At worst he will go to another club, but even that will be unlikey.

But by all means, keep your hopes up.

Cheers.

rugged

Juniors
JW said:
rugged said:

Barnes ditched contract opportunites with Cricket, Union and others because he loved his League. At worst he will go to another club, but even that will be unlikey.

Cheers.

Pfft! I'm not wishing for anything. I'm a Broncos fan first and I think they've been mad not to give him an NRL debut yet.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Would not mind seeing Bowen have a crack at Union, but it would be sad to see him go, as he is heart of teh Cowboys in my eyes.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
it would be pretty entisicing for perterson to go home to perthbut come on just imigine rokothoko running at him :lol: i lost a bit of intrest in union after vics lost to wa for super 14's team but i would love to watch that

RABK

Referee
Just on the creator of this thread, he has been a member since september 2004 and that was his first post. :?

If any rumours about a riff between Graham and Bowen are true then a switch might be on the cards. I can't see Bowen leaving though.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Sweet
so Bowen will be the first big name league star to tell union to f**k off, a fantastic honour for Bowen. Well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Anasta is a fair chance of going IMO
i recon he'll end up at souths, bulldogs or union

Kurt Angle

First Grade
No, I can't see it.

After all, SBW is too small and too slow.

Bowen probably isn't agile enough, compared to say Justin Harrison, or have a sufficient enough running game such as Matt Dunning.

RABK

Referee
Kurt Angle said:
No, I can't see it.

After all, SBW is too small and too slow.

Bowen probably isn't agile enough, compared to say Justin Harrison, or have a sufficient enough running game such as Matt Dunning.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can so see Jones saying that. :roll:

Broncodroid

Juniors
rugged said:
JW said:
rugged said:

Cheers.

Pfft! I'm not wishing for anything. I'm a Broncos fan first and I think they've been mad not to give him an NRL debut yet.

Not to hijack a thread here, but I have to ask rugged...who does he replace in order to make his debut in the first 6 rounds? Seymour? Lockyer? B. Berrigan? Who exactly? Give me a break, Bennett will blood Barnes in 2005 and that will come soon enough during Origin. If Lockyer is not right for Saturday night, there is a chance he may get called into the 17.

Bennett has done the right thing and not rushed this young half/five-eight in order to appease the QLD media looking for another Karmichael Hunt in 2005. It was ridiculous to put his name out there as a number 9 in the NRL, he would of been murdered.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Bomber said:
i hope he goes
itd be great for rugby union

I hope Luke Covell goes
It'd be great for rugby league

:applause: I know what your thinking BBSF, "I have to think about something really, really witty and funny to stand up for my man" Some advice...don't :lol:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
you idiot
if covell goes it would be a shame, he hasnt achived his potential in league yet. at least if bowen went hed gon a high, as he has achieved what he was expected too

rugged

Juniors
Broncodroid said:
rugged said:
JW said:
rugged said:

Cheers.

Not to hijack a thread here, but I have to ask rugged...who does he replace in order to make his debut in the first 6 rounds? Seymour? Lockyer? B. Berrigan? Who exactly? Give me a break, Bennett will blood Barnes in 2005 and that will come soon enough during Origin. If Lockyer is not right for Saturday night, there is a chance he may get called into the 17.

Bennett has done the right thing and not rushed this young half/five-eight in order to appease the QLD media looking for another Karmichael Hunt in 2005. It was ridiculous to put his name out there as a number 9 in the NRL, he would of been murdered.

All I'm saying is that the reason they put him in the first grade squad to begin with was to keep him from going to union. If he doesn't get a go in the NRL then he's likely to be tempted by other offers.

The main reason for my post was to tell JW that I wasn't representing rugby union, which he assumed I was.

Bomber

Bench
you idiot
if covell goes it would be a shame, he hasnt achived his potential in league yet. at least if bowen went hed gon a high, as he has achieved what he was expected too

No, it is you who is the idiot

Luke Covell has already achieved his potential. He is a first-grade winger. That's it. Nothing more. He is not representative material. Get that in your head. He will not play representative football - not this year, not next year, not ever. Get used to it.

Matthew Bowen is far more important to rugby league than some one-trick pony on the wing.

Latest posts