What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers All Time Fullback

Fullback

• Dylan Edwards

• Rhys Wesser

• Brandy

• Matt Moylan

• Jorgo

• Mark Levy

• Kevin Dann

• Mick Gordon

Results are only viewable after voting.

soc123_au

Staff member
Ok, we will kick this off with Fullback. I'll leave voting open for a week and then move onto wingers and so on.

Wesser is the incumbent from the last time we did this. But to me there is now only one choice. And one of my Sons is named after the guy I'm not voting for.

Discuss.

I've done a poll for voting, I can add other nominations if needed.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Gordon is the only man with the talent to push Dyl at all here. Wish we got to see him in some decent sides.

I also think Wesser is super overrated. Had a brief brilliant attacking prime but he played far more poor football than good football.

Edwards is limited in attack but the best defensive fullback I've seen play the game.

Shout out to Matty Moylan who is the most entertaining and skilful player I've seen in a Panthers jersey but he should have been playing 6 his whole career.

age.s

First Grade
To write something, this is probably the easiest choice well have. Imo there's a pretty significant drop off post Edwards. Wesser had an amazing season or two, but fell off hard. Brandys a better fit for the halfback conversation. Moylan had some amazing moments but didn't seem to have the drive to get the best out of himself.

Which leaves with Flash. I'm as hard for his 2010 season as anyone. It was almost as impressive as Haynes 2009 performance for me, but got only a fraction of the hype. He started 2011 in much the same vein, but did his ACL and never really looked the same player again. He has the quality of work, but not the volume to really be in this conversation.

Dyl is as worthy a winner as we'll see. In 20 years time we'll be talking about how he revolutionised the position. If I'm building a footy team from the ground up, I'm taking the hard working, meter eating, try saving, defense organising dervish before a Walsh or Ponga type any day.

Fangs

Coach
In terms of purple patches of form. Michael Gordon is probably the best I've ever seen at Penrith.

Edwards for consistency over such a long period. Great player.

Fangs

Coach
Jarrod is cousins with a very good mate of mine. He's a nice bloke

I liked him he was a goer. He had a great debut at fullback. And while only a short NRL career he had some big moments. Goal from the sideline to win against the Sharks. Even managed to be alright playing hooker off the bench at one point.

Too small for first grade in the end.

Latest posts