What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing Quiz

Atilla

Juniors
Please except my sincerest apologies broncos-fan-baller. In all honesty I completely forgot about it. I'm actually away from home at the moment down at the Gold Coast for business, but will be back this comming Friday lunch time. I promise I'll do it very soon after my return.
I'm very sorry.
Cheers - Atilla

No need to say you're sorry Atilla. Not a problem mate. I'm sure you have more important things in your life than to worry about my petty little request :eek:)
But I do look forward to your post when ever you get the opportunity.
'fan-baller

C

CanadianSteve

Here's a question to try while we wait for Attila's next quiz: Who was Ali's last opponent before his 3 year "exile" from boxing, when he refused induction into the US army? I watched the match as a kid in 1967 since it was on free TV, unlike most of his matches.

El Duque

Bench
OK here's a couple

1)Who was the only man to ever knock down Marvellous Marvin Hagler?

2)Before Mike Tyson who held the record as the youngest to win the heavyweight championship?

3)Who is the only Southpaw to have been hevyweight champion?

4)Who were the two fighters involved in the fight involving the infamous "long count" ?

5)Which former Heavyweight champ refereed Clay-Liston II?

C

CanadianSteve

Right, Zora Folley. Sorry CM, I meant your next quiz, but wrote Attila's instead.
E.D.
5. Jersey Joe Walcott - a job he apparently was quite unqualified to do.

C

CanadianSteve

4. Tunney-Dempsey, 1927. Tunney was down for about 14 seconds because Dempsey failed to go to a neutral corner. Tunney got up and went on to win.

C

CanadianSteve

Was it an Italian fighter who knocked down Hagler? Can't think of his name.
I also want to guess Carlos Monzon, but not sure if that's the right name, or if they even met.
It wasn't Roberto Duran was it?