What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxing

Wizardman

First Grade
Another easy win for Fury, he'd be a problem for any heavyweight in history. Just a genetic freak and has crazy fight IQ. Hopefully 2 more fights in his career then sails off into the sunset undefeated.
One more fight (Usyk) would seal his legacy as the best heavyweight of his generation. A Joshua fight would also be nice but not necessary if Usyk beats him again.

Wizardman

First Grade
In saying what I said in the previous post though.....most likely, the boxers involved will fartarse around each other and fight lesser ranked opponents instead of taking the logical "best of the best" type fight. Lots of big fights have fell over during the years due to mis-steps in playing this type of ducking game.
In the UFC, ducking fights that logically need to happen is a very rare occurance. The only sort of ducking I can ever really recall in the UFC was Ronda Rousey not getting paired up against Cyborg. Cyborg certainly didn't help herself with her steroid issues but at one point in time, it was the very logical fight to make but never happened.

GongPanther

Referee

Johnny Famechon: Boxing legend dead at 77​

Australian boxing legend Johnny Famechon has died at the age of 77.
The featherweight boxer was nicknamed "poetry in motion" for his silky smooth defensive skills in the boxing ring.

Famechon was born in Paris and emigrated to Australia when he was five years old, he went on to win the world title in 1969.

In his short, but stunning professional boxing career he won 56 of his 67 professional fights before retiring from boxing aged just 25.

In 1991 he was hit by a car in Sydney, which caused a stroke and he was left with an acquired brain injury
In 1997 Famechon was inducted into the World Boxing Hall of Fame in 1997, and in 2012 he made it into the Australian National Boxing Hall of Fame.

In 2022, he was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2022 Queen's Birthday Honours for significant service to boxing at the elite level.
There is a bronze statue of Famechon in his hometown of Frankston in Victoria.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Anyone got any idea of where ursk v Joshua 2 is going to be on? Got a good card. I’m thinking it will be dazn but it’s not appearing in there upcoming fights.

GongPanther

Referee
Anyone got any idea of where ursk v Joshua 2 is going to be on? Got a good card. I’m thinking it will be dazn but it’s not appearing in there upcoming fights.
This Sunday 21st Aug on Kayo, and Fox for $50.

Dogs Of War

Coach
This Sunday 21st Aug on Kayo, and Fox for $50.
It’s in dazn for $13.

Dogs Of War

Coach
In Australia?
Yep. Added the link. $13 for the month. Heaps yo watch and you cancel straight away so you don’t get charged again. First fight was on dazn

details for those interested.
Main fight 7:30am
Great card. Suggest 5am start for some good boxing. 4am if your really keen.

Last edited:

Smug Panther

First Grade
Yep. Added the link. $13 for the month. Heaps yo watch and you cancel straight away so you don’t get charged again. First fight was on dazn

details for those interested.
Main fight 7:30am
Great card. Suggest 5am start for some good boxing. 4am if your really keen.
Just checked seems I've been paying for it since the Kambosos/Lopez fight haha

Latest posts