What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boyd

Nuffy

Bench
So whats the story?

He is taking a while to find his groove in the team, his involvement is way down and he's not the player that we all expected.

I'm hoping he's just taking a while to settle into the structure and he'll click soon and be back into stride.

Your thoughts?

PS he is killing me in Supercoach.

billy2

Juniors
He's very safe.

I think Aku is out of form just as much.

Might be something to do with the hard tour and late start to training.

Nuffy

Bench
You might be right, I think he needs to increase his involvement to try and regain form.

We need his ball playing and attack, that will add a dimension we are lacking.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I was actually going to start a similar thread to this. I'm not going to give up on the bloke just yet, but I was definitely expecting something more than we've gotten in the first 5 rounds. At the start of the season I thought we wouldn't start to "click" until about round 8-10; I'll give Darius the same timeframe to get into his work.

Did you watch Boyd's body language tonight? At times he looked very frustrated with himself. He knows he is a better player than he is at present. He is all class. He will come good.

Spot On

Coach
Aku was caught out tonight a lot. Their long kicking game murdered us at times. We gave up to much field position on his side. Boyd seemed to be in his ear a bit about it.

Burwood

Bench
He has been absolutely fine in defence, but is really down on confidence when it comes to attack and set plays. When he gets the ball out wide he always seems to be standing still or slowing down to take the pass- the fluidity just isn't there yet.

Yosh

Coach
Aku was caught out tonight a lot. Their long kicking game murdered us at times. We gave up to much field position on his side. Boyd seemed to be in his ear a bit about it.

Honestly though, how good is their kicking game?:crazy:

Boyd is class. Form is temporary, class permenat. I'm not panicing just yet:?

doggone

Juniors
Uate is still young. and has a lot to learn. His ability is there, but mature brain needs to click in!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I was actually going to start a similar thread to this. I'm not going to give up on the bloke just yet, but I was definitely expecting something more than we've gotten in the first 5 rounds. At the start of the season I thought we wouldn't start to "click" until about round 8-10; I'll give Darius the same timeframe to get into his work.

Not going to give up on him just yet? So are you saying that if he's quiet for another 4 or 5 games, then you will give up on him?

RABK

Referee
He's obviously frustrated because he's basically starting from scratch. The 3 year fluent and deadly combination he built up with Soward, Creagh, Cooper and Morris is now a raw 5 game combo with Mullen, Houston, Tahu and McManus.

Give him time, he'll prove his class. The others around him are obviously benefiting from his reputation because they're getting more room due to his presence on that left fringe - Boyd is the one getting heavily marked by the defence. Aku is suffering the same problem on the right with more space for those inside him on the right fringe.

I have a lot of faith we'll see some Boyd magic when we iron out all our faults and gel as a side.

billy2

Juniors
Watching Boyd and Jimmy Mac trying to run down Duffie, neither of them made up any ground on him but both kept pace.
People were telling me Boyd would be the fastest man in the side, but on that evidence he's about the same pace as Jimmy.

Serc

First Grade
PS he is killing me in Supercoach.

Shouldn't have picked him in the first place as he is not particularly SC relevant :p

However, he may be worthwhile picking up when his price bottoms out, because like a few here are thinking, I reckon he will come good in the relatively near future (though for SC that probably won't be timed too well with Origin coming up)

hugzy

Juniors
Ok on a srs note I think he needs more variety in his repetoire. last year I see teams reading his attack quite easily at times. Combine that with new team but similar plays he becomes a bit one dimensional. But im happy cuz I now have an extra kicker in my fantasy,team... Junior "folau" sau

Rolla

Juniors
I thought last night was one of is better games, but the polish still isn't there. On Aku i thought he was really good last night. They were making kick meters down both sides and over the fullbacks head from what i saw.

Big Tim

First Grade
Did you watch Boyd's body language tonight? At times he looked very frustrated with himself. He knows he is a better player than he is at present. He is all class. He will come good.

I would actually add to that and say he is frustrated with the team. The ball he receives has been poor quality from the inside man more often than not. Either poorly timed, or a flat out poor pass that he has to break stride to catch.

When they get it right the movement clicks and we see his talent.

The face-ball to Aku was pure class, shame Aku has this idea that he can just straighten up and run over people near the line.

I thought last night was one of is better games, but the polish still isn't there. On Aku i thought he was really good last night. They were making kick meters down both sides and over the fullbacks head from what i saw.

Again, he seems to be one of the major keys to our solid defence as he is a perfectionist (like Benny) and doesnt accept half-arsed attempts or lazy play.

I dont think he is in any danger of getting droppped.

Latest posts