What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Myers - Signed

Kingytek

Juniors
Well, it's Official.....
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19326606-23214,00.html
Titans sign former Bronco
June 1, 2006

THE Gold Coast Titans has confirmed the signing of former international back-rower Brad Meyers on a two-year deal for its inaugural 2007 NRL season.

Meyers, 26, has spent two years playing with world club champion Bradford in the English Super League and becomes the Titans's 11th recruitment.

The former Brisbane Bronco made his debut for Queensland and Australia in 2001, but his form dipped over the next three seasons and he tried his luck in England.

Kingytek

Juniors
As I've said before, Im keen for Billy J to get his hands on him and do to Brad what he did to Carl Webb. Then we'll see how he goes!!!!

Dakink

Bench
From reports he has seemed to have rediscovered his ability, I think he was a punt worth taking at the right price.

Davester

Juniors
So the Gold Coast side at the moment looks like this for 2007...

1. Richard Mathers
2. Matthew Peterson
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Meyers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

Gold Coast is shaping up very nicely for their inaugural season :)

paulquinn49

Bench
The article said it was the Titans 11th signing, but only 10 are in the progressive team. Who is the other player?

Kingytek

Juniors
1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Myers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. Luke O'Dwyer

WANTED: Two quality centres and some forward utilities!

Redback71

First Grade
so he must of been the major signing in the forwards from the uk that i mentioned last week

Redback71

First Grade
this is a possibility

1. Richie Mathers
2. Matt Petersen
3. Luke O'Dwyer
5. Brian Carney
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Brad Myers
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Luke Swain
13. craig Fitzgibbon

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i hope for his sake he's improved....if he plays the way he did when he left i'll vote him worst buy of the year now

Mr Saab

Referee
Kingytek said:
As I've said before, Im keen for Billy J to get his hands on him and do to Brad what he did to Carl Webb. Then we'll see how he goes!!!!

Carl Webb was fine at the Broncos. He just had an attitude problem. It was nothing that Billy Johnstone did to him that influenced his 2005 season.
He needs a rocket up his butt now though as he is playing very avg (if it isnt an injury problem like his groin)

Kingytek

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Carl Webb was fine at the Broncos. He just had an attitude problem. It was nothing that Billy Johnstone did to him that influenced his 2005 season.
He needs a rocket up his butt now though as he is playing very avg (if it isnt an injury problem like his groin)

Mr Saab, you are correct.
What I guess I was trying to say was the change did Carl good. I guess it was a combination of things, I do know that Billy worked closely with Carl to get him ready for the 2005 season and that what Im saying in regards to Brad.

I see the potential in Brad because we have all seen what he is capable of when at his best, I just hope the Titan staff can bring that back out in him...

Mr Saab

Referee
Well you are correct there, a change is sometimes very good for a player.
Hodges at the chooks was angry and frustrated 2003/4 and then last yr and this yr he has been on fire.
Meyers was playing very well in 2001 and really had a great series in that origin series. He copped an elbow to the head in a test match vs NZ and that seemed to be the end of him.
I would love for him to prove his critics wrong (and there are ALOT of them) who say he doesnt have it anymore.

Eelectrica

Referee
Hopefully Myers can rediscover the form that saw him picked for Australia, if so the team is coming together nicely.
Looking forward to cheering them on next year

Latest posts