What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Tighe

The Tank

Bench
But tomorrow the Knights will face a more conventional footy headache in the wake of the 33-14 loss, with two-try centre Brad Tighe to tell officials he has received a $500,000, three-year offer from Penrith.

After the Knights confirmed the signing of St George Illawarra winger Wes Naiqama to a three-year deal, Smith admitted Tighe's future at the club was uncertain.

"I understand he's had a substantial offer from another club but I'm not exactly sure about that," he said. "He's some chance (of staying) but the size of that offer will determine whether we compete or not.

"He got some nice space to work in today and he did some good things for us."

Acting chief executive Steve Crowe said he would talk to Tighe, 23, this week.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21884366-5001023,00.html

I guess that's goodbye to Youngquest, which is a shame. We don't need to waste money on a bloody winger. Why didn't we offer that money to Wallace!

murraymob

Coach
is he any good at 5/8.We still have plenty of options at the club.Seems like a lot of money for a guy who isnt playing that postion.

Big Mick

Referee
Played there when the Knights won the spoon. Did well there I thought.

Very much a utility player. Has good footwork...I reckon he'd be a good buy.

Munky

Coach
3 years, 500k?

Seriously WTF, the Knights fans have been riding this guy harder than we did Franze and Hookey.

Worth 200k over three years if that. We couldn't match Brisbane to keep Wallace who is a legit ball playing half where as Tighe is lazy and half arsed.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Big Mick © said:

Very much a utility player. Has good footwork...I reckon he'd be a good buy.

Even given the numbers being thrown about? Which I suppose over three years isn't actually that much, but still more than wallace was offered.

choc_soldier

Coach
Munky said:
Worth 200k over three years if that. We couldn't match Brisbane to keep Wallace who is a legit ball playing half where as Tighe is lazy and half arsed.

Something is fishy at Panther HQ...

roopy

Referee
murraymob said:
is he any good at 5/8.We still have plenty of options at the club.Seems like a lot of money for a guy who isnt playing that postion.
He hasn't played 5/8 since the juniors.
He was a several times NSW rep as a 5/8 in the juniors and i thought he was a very special running 5/8 who found gap after gap with his quality footwork.
When he went up to PL the Knights had the worst 5/8 in history, Todd Bates, as a Hagan favourite, so Brad was forced into centre as a stopgap measure and had a few brilliant games and basically got typecast as a centre.
In three years or so he hasn't had a chance to use his brilliant short kicking game and slippery footwork close to the ruck - instead being a not too flash centre using about half his skills.
He isn't really a playmaker - but if you have a quality halfback he is a really flash running 5/8 and a quality backup kicker.

Panthagrey

Juniors
It's now officially up on Panthers Interactive.....

Jun 14 - Newcastle back Brad Tighe has agreed to a three-year deal with Penrith.
TIGHE-Brad.jpg
Tighe, who is 23, debuted for the Knights in Round 2 of 2005 and became the club’s top try scorer for the season.

“He’s quick and has a lot of talent,” Panthers General Manager Rugby League, Michael Leary, said today.
“He fits well into our plans, which include a new outside back.”
His preferred position is centre, but he can play – and has played – five-eighth or wing, Michael said.
Moree-born, Tighe played his junior football with West Tamworth. He’s 183cms tall and weighs in at 89kgs.

Munky

Coach
If the numbers that were speculated upon are correct I'm filthy.

We could have kept Wallace instead of signing this fat, lazy hack.

BxTom

Bench
The figure I heard bandied around for Wallace was 280k a year. That equals 840k over 3 years - two good players. He is not worth that - only had to see the quality of his game against the Bunnies to know that:?

Cheers,
Tom.

We signed Naiquama for 133 k per season. While I wouldn't say I don't rate tighe, it is not a High rating. We are glad he is gone though. Too soft and very erratic.