What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bradford prop Fielden still eyeing NRL

L NUTTER

Juniors
feilden is close to the modern day prop
agile, speed, contolled aggression, and intelligent line running
not to say all the other war horses are not intelligent
well most of them any way

and BnB thanks for that correction
that bloke you mention is tops as well onya mate

Eelementary

Post Whore
I do rate Fielden. Great prop.

But best in the game?

Webcke
Price
Wiki
O'Meley

When in form, those guys are just as good if not better than him in my view...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Eelementary said:
I do rate Fielden. Great prop.

But best in the game?

Webcke
Price
Wiki
O'Meley

When in form, those guys are just as good if not better than him in my view...

Wow you have no idea do you? Fielden is mobile, quick and plays 80 minutes. That alone puts him so far ahead of those 4 it isn't funny. How anyone could compare Webcke, who is buggered after 20 minutes, to Fielden is beyond me.

Fielden is twice the prop of anyone in the NRL, he's just very gifted. I've never seen a prop be so mobile and quick yet still as big and strong as every other prop running around. And to think he's only 26, he still has plenty of years left and it's scary to think he could get better.

Iafeta

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Wow you have no idea do you? Fielden is mobile, quick and plays 80 minutes. That alone puts him so far ahead of those 4 it isn't funny. How anyone could compare Webcke, who is buggered after 20 minutes, to Fielden is beyond me.

Fielden is twice the prop of anyone in the NRL, he's just very gifted. I've never seen a prop be so mobile and quick yet still as big and strong as every other prop running around. And to think he's only 26, he still has plenty of years left and it's scary to think he could get better.

Steve Price and Ruben Wiki are mor than capable of doing the 80 minutes if required.

Bullseye

Juniors
Stuart Fielden is willing take a pay cut to join the NRL at the end of the 2007 season but would still justify a large salary. He's very keen to try his hand in the NRL but wants to join a decent side. He'll be 27/28 years old by then so in his prime. He'd improve any team he joined.

Eelementary

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:

:lol:

Clearly you have no idea!

Price and Wiki average far more minutes that you're suggesting.

Besides, how many minutes a player plays is irrelevant - you can play 40 minutes of quality and still be a great player.

Yeah - it's clear that Fielden is the best in the game, given the fact he's currently playing in the world's best comp...:roll:

Slappy

Juniors
let him come here and prove himself in the NRL against fit & strong aussies and kiwis as opposed to the retired & declining aussies and kiwis (and general pom nuffies) in the English Superannuation League!

anjado

Juniors
he has proven himself everytime he has played Australia and New Zealand
he would easily be one of the top props in the NRL if he played here

anjado

Juniors
Slappy said:
that's not the same as week in week out competition!

Well Jason Smith did well last year so did Colin Best
Craig Smith also so its not like he cant do it
He is easily good enough to handle it
the tope echelon of English Super League Players
would be brilliant no matter what competition they played

Shagsta

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:

I'd like to see Fielden play 80 minutes in a 30 degree day at Penrith or Campbelltown, or in 85% relative humidity at Townsville.

Paullyboy

Coach
Deary deary me. All these posts and only one person had the slightest bit of idea about Fielden. Every 15 minutes he announces he is interested in joining the NRL, and every 20 minutes he signs another contract extension.

Deadset, live and learn, Fielden aint coming. Not now, not ever.

He's been doing this for years now.

Bullseye

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
Deary deary me. All these posts and only one person had the slightest bit of idea about Fielden. Every 15 minutes he announces he is interested in joining the NRL, and every 20 minutes he signs another contract extension.

Deadset, live and learn, Fielden aint coming. Not now, not ever.

He's been doing this for years now.

Er could you be more wrong? Fielden's signed one contract extension back in 2002 that takes him to the end of 2007. That's one deal. ONE!

Every 20 minutes? Hardly!