What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Braith Anasta to the Rabbitohs. No thank you.

DC_fan

Coach
Some talk tonight on C9 news that Anasta could end up at Souths next season. He has been told the Roosters don't want him and I am not sure many clubs are showing interest in him.

He will be 31 come the start of season 2013 and is well past his best. I don't see any reason as to why would even be thinking of signing let alone sign him.

Seriously if we sign him then it will be the dumbest signing we have made in a long time.

pierced

Juniors
Some talk tonight on C9 news that Anasta could end up at Souths next season. He has been told the Roosters don't want him and I am not sure many clubs are showing interest in him.

He will be 31 come the start of season 2013 and is well past his best. I don't see any reason as to why would even be thinking of signing let alone sign him.

Seriously if we sign him then it will be the dumbest signing we have made in a long time.
I'd take Hindmarsh. And maybe Kearney as coach!

He would be Souffs' best player for the last 50 years. You guys have been kind enough to take our dead wood for 20 years so let's hope this trend continues.

BunniesMan

Immortal
It's sad. If we didn't get kicked out we would have had a halves pairing of Wing and Anasta. Those guys were key players in multiple grand finals between 2000 and 2004. Building a side around them could have made us contenders for a decade, the 2000 version of DCE and Foran. But it wasn't to be.

With that bit of "what could have been" reminiscing over, I certainly don't want him in 2013.

BUT as a five eighth, I don't think he'd be much worse than Sutton.

Ozzy

First Grade

That was Weidler so I wouldn't worry.

BranVan3000

Coach
It's sad. If we didn't get kicked out we would have had a halves pairing of Wing and Anasta. Those guys were key players in multiple grand finals between 2000 and 2004. Building a side around them could have made us contenders for a decade, the 2000 version of DCE and Foran. But it wasn't to be.

With that bit of "what could have been" reminiscing over, I certainly don't want him in 2013.

BUT as a five eighth, I don't think he'd be much worse than Sutton.

We had a decent squad around 99, our problem was coaching and management