What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon Smith - Podcast

gUt

Coach
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/bre...sing-new-contracts-before-they-got-the-scoop/

NRL Journos Say Cheese Is Disrespectful For Discussing New Contracts Before They Got The Scoop​

The loudmouth gossip columnists who call themselves NRL journalists have today slammed Melbourne Storm star Brandon Smith for being ‘disrespectful and ‘out of order.’

The scathing language comes after the man known as The Cheese decided to give an interview about his contract negotiations to someone who doesn’t work for NewsCorp or Channel 9 – something which is apparently appalling behaviour.

Instead, the Kiwi number nine decided to sit down for a chat with Isaac John on the YKTR podcast The Ice Project to reveal where he’ll likely be suiting up in 2023.

Enjoying a contract negotiation tour of the East Coast, the playful character has seemingly decided on his next club being the Sydney Roosters.

That revelation is something which controversy merchants at Fox and The Daily Tele now say is disgusting and a kick in the teeth for his current club, and all of his potential future clubs.

“It just shows a complete lack of respect that he’s going on a PODCAST to talk about these things,” explained one red wine-nosed journo who has written daily updates about the leaked info he’s been getting on the Cheese’s whereabouts.

“Absolutely disgraceful that he wouldn’t reveal his next club to journos who have taken plenty of opportunities in the past to take potshots at him and his teammates.”

“He should have just been giving scoops to journos like us, not going out and giving interviews to people he likes.”

“Not on,” said the furious columnist.

“Not on at all.”

gUt

Coach
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/spo...r-industry-become-less-relevant-every-minute/

“Players Swearing Is Disgraceful” Say NRL Journos Watching Their Industry Become Less Relevant Every Minute​

With another big day of trying to manufacture outrage on the cards, NRL journalists at NewsCorp have decided to reveal to the public how many times a rugby league player might swear in a conversation with an ex-rugby league player.

In an exclusive report obtained by watching a podcast that they are loath to name in their story, Rupert Murdoch’s NRL journos can confirm that the off-contract Brandon Smith swore 73 whole times in an interview.

That’s right, hold the phone, a Rugby League player swears!

The shocking news that has blown away the sporting world comes after the Melbourne Storm player decided to give an interview to an independent media organisation rather than the Daily Telegraph or Fox League.

As a result of sitting down on YKTR’s The Ice Project Podcast, the man known as The Cheese has infuriated egotistical NRL journos who now seem to expect every single news story just handed to them by players and clubs.

That expectation is held despite the playing group growing increasingly frustrated with the behaviour of the NRL gossip columnists who seem to push whatever angle suits them to get as many headlines as they can.

However, now that the in-demand hooker has shown that you don’t need to talk to the people who write shit about you, the fearful journos have confirmed that they are going in on him.

“Players aren’t allowed to take control of the media narrative and just give scoops to people who don’t work for massive organisations,” explained one of the furious journos.

“Those are our scoops, scoops that should be just given to us, even if we destroy our relationships with the players”

“So we need to hammer The Cheese for swearing to try and make players scared to speak to people who aren’t us”

“Set an example”

“Hopefully the NRL investigation fines him so we can continue this symbiotic relationship.”

Chimp

Juniors
I can’t imagine the Roosters will be too happy with how this is all playing out either - somewhere in my mind (so this could be utter fantasy) I’ve got a memory of them doing a u-turn on signing Wayne because it got leaked from Wayne’s camp they were in talks. I don’t think they’ll like this brash approach where he just shoots from the hip publically, and given how the Roosters do business, I doubt they’d want someone with such loose lips in their camp

Valheru

Coach
I can’t imagine the Roosters will be too happy with how this is all playing out either - somewhere in my mind (so this could be utter fantasy) I’ve got a memory of them doing a u-turn on signing Wayne because it got leaked from Wayne’s camp they were in talks. I don’t think they’ll like this brash approach where he just shoots from the hip publically, and given how the Roosters do business, I doubt they’d want someone with such loose lips in their camp

Wayne was the one that did the backflip in that situation.

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/bre...sing-new-contracts-before-they-got-the-scoop/

NRL Journos Say Cheese Is Disrespectful For Discussing New Contracts Before They Got The Scoop​

The loudmouth gossip columnists who call themselves NRL journalists have today slammed Melbourne Storm star Brandon Smith for being ‘disrespectful and ‘out of order.’

The scathing language comes after the man known as The Cheese decided to give an interview about his contract negotiations to someone who doesn’t work for NewsCorp or Channel 9 – something which is apparently appalling behaviour.

Instead, the Kiwi number nine decided to sit down for a chat with Isaac John on the YKTR podcast The Ice Project to reveal where he’ll likely be suiting up in 2023.

Enjoying a contract negotiation tour of the East Coast, the playful character has seemingly decided on his next club being the Sydney Roosters.

That revelation is something which controversy merchants at Fox and The Daily Tele now say is disgusting and a kick in the teeth for his current club, and all of his potential future clubs.

“It just shows a complete lack of respect that he’s going on a PODCAST to talk about these things,” explained one red wine-nosed journo who has written daily updates about the leaked info he’s been getting on the Cheese’s whereabouts.

“Absolutely disgraceful that he wouldn’t reveal his next club to journos who have taken plenty of opportunities in the past to take potshots at him and his teammates.”

“He should have just been giving scoops to journos like us, not going out and giving interviews to people he likes.”

“Not on,” said the furious columnist.

“Not on at all.”
I can’t be the only one who read the quotes in rothfields voice

soc123_au

Staff member

Valheru

Coach
If Uncle Nick is the reason that Anasta has a media gig then God will be looking over his shoulder when the old merkin kicks off. His powers are beyond comprehension.

Bwaith actually has a bizarre disdain for our club despite being an ex captain.

It's strange.

Generalzod

Immortal
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/spo...r-industry-become-less-relevant-every-minute/

“Players Swearing Is Disgraceful” Say NRL Journos Watching Their Industry Become Less Relevant Every Minute​

With another big day of trying to manufacture outrage on the cards, NRL journalists at NewsCorp have decided to reveal to the public how many times a rugby league player might swear in a conversation with an ex-rugby league player.

In an exclusive report obtained by watching a podcast that they are loath to name in their story, Rupert Murdoch’s NRL journos can confirm that the off-contract Brandon Smith swore 73 whole times in an interview.

That’s right, hold the phone, a Rugby League player swears!

The shocking news that has blown away the sporting world comes after the Melbourne Storm player decided to give an interview to an independent media organisation rather than the Daily Telegraph or Fox League.

As a result of sitting down on YKTR’s The Ice Project Podcast, the man known as The Cheese has infuriated egotistical NRL journos who now seem to expect every single news story just handed to them by players and clubs.

That expectation is held despite the playing group growing increasingly frustrated with the behaviour of the NRL gossip columnists who seem to push whatever angle suits them to get as many headlines as they can.

However, now that the in-demand hooker has shown that you don’t need to talk to the people who write shit about you, the fearful journos have confirmed that they are going in on him.I guess they haven’t watched Scaredace

“Players aren’t allowed to take control of the media narrative and just give scoops to people who don’t work for massive organisations,” explained one of the furious journos.

“Those are our scoops, scoops that should be just given to us, even if we destroy our relationships with the players”

“So we need to hammer The Cheese for swearing to try and make players scared to speak to people who aren’t us”

“Set an example”

“Hopefully the NRL investigation fines him so we can continue this symbiotic relationship.”
Brandon Smith swore 73 times lol I Guess they haven’t watched Scarface