What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brasher in the US

roopy

Referee
Now that we no longer have the American section on grandstand we are starved of inside news from the US again, but a few little bits and pieces of info come through still.
In the RLR magazine this month they talked about Tim Brasher entering a team in the possible US pro comp, and I just read this article on the NY Knights site that talks about Brasher playing touch with NY Knights players.
http://www.nyknightsrlfc.com/newsFull.cfm?newsID=38

Brasher would be great for the game in the US. If he is a quarter the player he used to be he will be the most exciting Rugby player the US has ever seen, of either code.

roopy

Referee
He has been over there for a few years now.
I wonder what it takes to qualify to play sevens for the US.
At his best, Brasher would have been the best sevens player ever.
I've seen him score a try where he sliced through a team with 13 defenders from one end of the field to the other, let alone just seven.
You'd have to go the shallow kickoff every time, because you couldn't kick to Brasher in sevens.

Latest posts