What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bravo Braith

Alan Shore

First Grade
The Dogs will come in IMO around 6th, and that causes havoc like last year when Nth Qld (7th) and Melbourne (6th) both won first week and saw the Dragons in 5th drop out first week.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think this is Braith's best season since 2001, I was very suprised to see him named overated player. He really stepped up today against Manly, as expected.

innsaneink

Referee
Quite a change from threads I've seen in the past where hes been bagged from pillar to post....we are a fickle lot.

Ive always thought hes been a solid-good top level footy player, always thought the over-rated tag was unfair on him.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As I think Sticky Ricky or someone else (can't remember) said, those who've labelled him overrated are gutless and should take a look at their own games. Braith is on fire this year and he and Asotasi along with Magic are what has kept Canterbury in contention.

aqua_duck

Coach
1 game doesn't make a player, granted he's been very good this year but he had about 3 abysmal years before that. To say that last year Anasta got the dogs to the grand final and won it for them reeks of ignorance. What kind of player can get his team to a grand final behind the most dominant pack of forwards in decades and still not make originh and roo tour in that year?
He almost lost the dogs that grand finla last year, he stood up, for the roosters that is.
He's a good solid footballer but nowhere near the best in the game, he a younger version of Shaun Timmins.

Timmah

Staff member
aqua_duck said:
1 game doesn't make a player, granted he's been very good this year but he had about 3 abysmal years before that. To say that last year Anasta got the dogs to the grand final and won it for them reeks of ignorance. What kind of player can get his team to a grand final behind the most dominant pack of forwards in decades and still not make originh and roo tour in that year?
He almost lost the dogs that grand finla last year, he stood up, for the roosters that is.
He's a good solid footballer but nowhere near the best in the game, he a younger version of Shaun Timmins.

:S

You are delusional, and unstable at best.

Anasta has not had "three abysmal years" as you call it. He played some excellent footy last year. If he hadn't the Dogs wouldn't have been there on the last day of the year. Tell me what team has made it through and won a premiership with their #6 playing sh*t?

Bet you the answer is none. Wake up and smell the roses. You're a Newcastle supporter are you not?

aqua_duck

Coach
We had a stop gap 5/8th in 2001 who's playing for singleton or some country rugby league club now, Melbourne won the comp in 1999 with Matt Geyer at 5/8th.
Anasta wasn't terrible but had a bad year compared to what he produced in 2001. He F'ed up in the grand final and was on the outer at rep level, hardly a great year for someone who was suppose to be the hair apparent to freddy.

Timmah

Staff member
aqua_duck said:
We had a stop gap 5/8th in 2001 who's playing for singleton or some country rugby league club now, Melbourne won the comp in 1999 with Matt Geyer at 5/8th.
Anasta wasn't terrible but had a bad year compared to what he produced in 2001. He F'ed up in the grand final and was on the outer at rep level, hardly a great year for someone who was suppose to be the hair apparent to freddy.

That's the problem with the competition these days - the words heir apparent being used.

Anasta isn't a Freddy.

He is Braith Anasta.

Sonny Bill is Sonny Bill.

Lewis, Langer, they weren't the "next" anyone, they were their own players.

I rue the day I hear "the next Mason" "the next Johns" or "the next SBW" uttered from someones mouth.

Latest posts