What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Brisbane lose points

JW

Coach
Ten News - Brisbane lose 2 points.

The club has 3 working days for further appeal, however points will officially be deducted.

As I said, only breaking news and not very detailed, but it has been confirmed that points will be stripped.

Cheers.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
#-o Bad decision.
Seems controversial now, wait til the final round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godz Illa

Coach
Woohoo! Dragons into the top 4!

Seriously though, stripping those points is a crazy decision. The punishment doesnt fit the crime.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Live by the sword....die by the sword.....

You do the crime.....you do the time....

NRL only got it half right, those points should be heading straight over to the mighty Wests Tigers.

Brisbane, who on the back of a blatantly incorrect video refereeing decision by Mick Stone to allow Karmichael Hunt's first try and then to illegally field a player when not authorised to do so, which lead to another try, did not deserve to win that game.....

Kaz

junior
If the Broncos appeal to the tribunal & lose they may take civil action.

The people who issued the breach, were the ones who heard the appeal. :( :twisted: :evil:

Razor

Coach
There have to be set in stone rules.

If the Broncos keep their points, then if a club has a bloke getting treatment on the field whilst play is underway, the club will be well within their right to bring a player on until that player has finished receiving treatment as the Broncos say "It's a 13-on-13 game. Webcke wasn't going to score a try." - that bloke getting treatment in back isn't going to either.

JW

Coach
My opinion,

Personally, I'm not happy with the decision, obvioulsy 'cause it's my club that's been penalised. But thruthfully, I didn't expect the appeal to be won anyway.

Im sure if anyone here had their club lose points over this breach, you'd be disappointed too (none of us could relate to the way Dogs fans handled 37 points though I guess) , so the unprovoked insults I get simply because I follow the Bronc's are water off a duck's back in that respect.

If the points are gone, they're gone. Therefore, my only concern is how the players will react on the feild, and to me, I hope it's positive.

2 points could eventually determine a top 4, or even top 8 spot. But now that the points are gone, it's all up to the players now to make sure they make up for the loss.

I'll vent any anger on the Broncos forums ;-)

I'm not one for legal action, the game doesn't need anymore of that garbage. Time for the players to use this setback positively and build on the reasonable form they've shown the in last game or two.

The decision won't be reversed. Time to move on and get over it in my opinion :arrow:

Cheers guys.

dice

Juniors
I say screw the Broncos and hand the two points to the Tigers as they were the ones that were robbed.

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't think the Bronco's deserved to lose the 2 points, a fine would be sufficient enough. I have to admire Gallop and his team taking a tough stance though, maybe unwarranted in this example but it's good to have that kind of system in place.

Glenn

First Grade
Why should the Tigs get two points, teams playing teams that have had points stripped for interchange stuff ups havent got the points in the past.
Like it or not Brisbane knew the rules and because of someone stuff up they broke the rules.

innsaneink

Referee
patchnelson.jpg

Kaz said:
If the Broncos appeal to the tribunal & lose they may take civil action.

The people who issued the breach, were the ones who heard the appeal. :( :twisted: :evil:
Ever heard of takin it on the chin?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
They had to do it for consistency and to continue to show players must respect officials.

As for the Bronco fans. Here's a box of tissues and a couple of tablets to help you feel better. :p

tissue.jpg

choc_soldier

Coach
It's not as though the Broncos had any advantage at the time... Webcke was in lala land, and had no part in the play that led to the try.

The NRL official responsible should get the punt. The Broncos losing the points because of this is a very stupid and bad move. Fine them, by all means, but this is too drastic. The NRL should not make the Broncos an example out of their own incompetence.

Warriorsrule

Juniors
I hope they take some legal action now, but one has to think about the other teams who lost their points for similar offences and did nothing.

Razor

Coach
innsaneink said:
Ever heard of takin it on the chin?

This is the team that chucked a hissy fit and formed their own competition in the mid-90s because they didn't think the rules should apply to them, so they've proven before they can't do take it on the chin.