What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Hindy COULD play this week!!!!!!

Good luck with the fitness test I say, but I think the decision ethier way has been made, it's just a goose chase for the media.

Glen

Bench
Smithy has shown this year that he's not afraid to open the game with regular starters like Caylo and Hindy on the bench. I don't know what to make of this whole thing, I'll just wait nervously until 1 hour before kickoff

dazeely

First Grade
parraitdoesmatta said:
i understand that they can play im just worried it breaks that rythem w e have had all year 2 front rowers off the bench

Spot on there. What a bloody decision. They all deserve to be there and have done a great job throughout the year.

Very worried players may be picked out of position. Chad is a reasonable fill in at prop if really needed (injuries etc... ) but thats all. Lets hope we don't take too many second row / locks into the game especially with so many 80 min type players already there.

Go forward is the key and is how Timmy , PJ & Deano make such an impact.

Decisions, decisions - hmmmmmmm.

GO THE EELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haynzy

First Grade
If Hindy plays the descision will probably come down to effectiveness in defense around the ruck. it will robably be between Peek, Chad and maybe Wags.

Wags and Peek's defense is probably better than Chads but then with Wags in Peek may be dropped.
I think it may end up with Chad dropped with no Moi Moi or Cannings but wouldn't be surprised if it was Peek.
What a dilemma

bartman

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Personally I think they were waiting on Fui. Had Fui been cleared Hindy wouldn't have played.....
Good point.

Would hate Hindy to take part if it's not 100% and there's any increased risk. If he does play, I think Smith is better off starting him, and going with the usual make up of our bench (two props)?

Though I can see them favouring Robinson over Peek for that spot since he can play both, so if something happens to Hindy he can cover in the second row.

i don't know anything about his injury if he is cleared does that mean it is fully healed or that he can play with a needle but he risks damaging it if he takes a knock?

Hurriflatch

Referee
The EELiminator said:
i don't know anything about his injury if he is cleared does that mean it is fully healed or that he can play with a needle but he risks damaging it if he takes a knock?

I doubt it would be fully healed

but I'd say it'll be at a point where no more damage can really be done to the same area

obviously, a completely different injury could happen but you'll have the same risk wqith any other player

bartman

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
obviously, a completely different injury could happen but you'll have the same risk wqith any other player
Yeah, at long as there's no extra risk of re-injuring the same injury, then why not. There's always other risks but they can't be controlled.

guys just remember hindy was always aiming to be back for this week , ever since the operation it was stated he will be back this week if we made it this far, so y is everyone suprised and concerned, their is no way he we will play if he was not close to 100%. Matty johns commented when hindy got the injury against brissy, that another no name player(i cant remember his name0 once had the same injury and played throughtout the final series, do u think our super Hindy is not capable. Come on guys, it was just Brian stirring things up again, he did the same thing in Rnd 9 when we met the cowboys, do i need to remind u that he left stringer, grothe and riddell on the sidelines, and if Morrison didnt basically threaten Smith, he also wouldnt have played.

Hurriflatch

Referee
That player was Alan McIndoe a winger to play for the Panthers and Steelers (not sure if he played for anyone else) but Gould said later that McIndoe actually played 2 full seasons with that injury