What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Hindy COULD play this week!!!!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Hindmarsh poised for shock NRL return

September 23, 2005 - 4:39PM

Inspirational Parramatta second-rower Nathan Hindmarsh is poised to make a shock return from injury in Sunday's NRL preliminary final against North Queensland.

The minor premiers have released a statement saying the Test forward will be considered for selection in the match after completing "all necessary training requirements".

It said no decision on his selection would be made until game day, following a final consultation with the club doctor.

Hindmarsh underwent surgery after tearing the posterior ligament in his knee in Parramatta's round 26 win over Brisbane three weeks ago.

Earlier this week the Eels' best hope had been that Hindmarsh would return for the grand final, if they got that far.

Friday's club statement said no further comment would be available until the final decision was made on his fitness.

From the SMH

Morenito

Juniors
Cmon Hindmarsh

Just dont get injured if you play!

Will be an interesting selection dilema if he plays. I think he could come off the bench for us

yy_cheng

Coach
When they try to fulfil the "Training Requirements", do they run FFMM and Azza at him?

Then have Caylo, Morro and Piggy gang tackle him?

dazeely

First Grade
I'm in two minds as to how I'm feeling about the news. whilst it is without a doubt the best news I'm a little concerned. I hope the medical staff are very very confident about this. I know we have to win on Sunday first but if they did and Hindy aggravated the knee and missed the GF it would be devastating. No one deserves to play in the GF more than him.

Macca_

Coach
TBH I reckon this was well on the cards all along. As was mentioned only days after he done the injury when he was seen doing fitness work on the news by a few of us here. He looked a certain bet that day to be playing against the Cowboys.

Kenny

Juniors
As soon as Smithy said earlier this week that Hindy wouldn't play I thought it was guaranteed that he will play. The fact that everyone at the club has gone out of their way to say he wouldn't play suggests that it was a mind game.

Hopefully he provides the inspiration needed to ensure victory!!! (not that I thought couldn't win without him)

Morenito said:
Cmon Hindmarsh

Just dont get injured if you play!

Will be an interesting selection dilema if he plays. I think he could come off the bench for us
I think it's certain if he plays it will be off the bench

Utey

Coach
Still a bit pretentious. I dont think he will play but we will have to see. If he were to play Iam sure they would have kept it a secret till 3:30.

Agent Mulder

Bench
You Bloody Beauty, I didnt think that Smithy was playing some mind game, I should of known better then that, Go Hindmarsh You legend.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As important as the match is, I very much doubt that either Brain (nor anyone in the coaching staff) nor the medical staff would clear him to play if there was even the slightest chance he could aggravate his injury, or if he wasn't 100% right to play.

If he's named, it will be because he's OK to play.

And he will most likely play off the bench.

And my hunch is we will see him play - mainly because the coach wants to give him some game time to get fit before the Grand Final, should we make it that far.

wittyz chick

Coach
Hellsy said:
Onya Hindy... I thought I saw him training this morning :D :D

Serious????

Damn it i must have not recognised him without his hair :(

Did you point him out to me at all? ... I may have missed it

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not all that surprising but I'm almost certain he'll start from the bench which would mean Adam Peek would be the unluckly player to drop out.

I'm expecting the team to be finalised as

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. B.Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. T.Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Wagon
12. Morrison
13. Robinson

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Vella
23. Hindmarsh

Kornstar

Coach
One of the players at the Flegg game tonight mentioned that he trained like he hadn't missed a game.

strider

Post Whore
Hurriflatch said:
Not all that surprising but I'm almost certain he'll start from the bench which would mean Adam Peek would be the unluckly player to drop out.

I'm expecting the team to be finalised as

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. B.Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. T.Smith
8. Cayless
9. Riddell
10. Stringer
11. Wagon
12. Morrison
13. Robinson

14. Marsh
15. Widders
16. Vella
23. Hindmarsh

I hope chad is up for a bit of Front Row work - cos he'll be the guy we need to be the "pretend prop for a day"....he's played there before, but played a different role for us this season.

that is my main concern with us dropping peek and allowing chad to play that roll (frontrower), i guess i have every confidence in Brian Smith and he will pick the best player suited to execute a plan to beat the cowgirls.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Morro played a bit of front row for the Cowboys last year during the finals.

Robbo can handle the front row he is big enough and has done it before.