What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING NEWS: Major NRL Star Re-Signs with club

BWNB

First Grade
gregstar said:
i presume the sharks are paying him in biscuits

No thats just a saying geez some other sayings
"the better team lost on the day"
"it was a game of two halves"
"credit where credit is due"
"the ball is round"
"it was a game of 80mins "
" 40 years and won F!ck all" obviously people dont know there history with that one we have won the amco cup;)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow. An achievement so great that only your club remembers it... :lol:

ledzep

Bench
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
No thats just a saying geez some other sayings
"the better team lost on the day"
"it was a game of two halves"
"credit where credit is due"
"the ball is round"
"it was a game of 80mins "
" 40 years and won F!ck all" obviously people dont know there history with that one we have won the amco cup;)
particularly good

colonel_123

Juniors
Timmah said:
- Equal second doesn't mean sh*t. Equal fourth won't get you a home semi if you have poorer F/A, and equal eighth won't get you a top eight spot either. YOU ARE THIRD.
- It's quite obvious you've said that to deflect attention away from the fact you think Covell is such. I don't think El Masri is the best, but he certainly rates higher than this nuffy.
- Covell will not play Origin, ever.
- The Bulldogs did it - how does that make me a cap cheat? Dole bludger? :lol: Last resorts huh?

Hasn't he declared himself eligible for NZ now?

morri (cWo)

First Grade
well done to luke. loyalty is what the game needs. we're lucky he wasnt poached by the western force.

i like to hump luke covell's picture's leg on my days off from working at the abbatoir said:
NZ eh, like Carroll, Thorn, Lam who have all played origin.

Adrian Lam is an NZ'er?

You're confusing New Zealand with Papua New Guinea champ. Understandable though, there is an "N" in both.

I'm happy that the Sharks signed Luke to a two year deal. That means that my Tigers can't be chasing him so we can concentrate on approaching every other nuffy in the NRL.

Like Ben Cizlowski......

Kingytek

Juniors
Timmah said:
- Equal second doesn't mean sh*t. Equal fourth won't get you a home semi if you have poorer F/A, and equal eighth won't get you a top eight spot either. YOU ARE THIRD.
- It's quite obvious you've said that to deflect attention away from the fact you think Covell is such. I don't think El Masri is the best, but he certainly rates higher than this nuffy.
- Covell will not play Origin, ever.
- The Bulldogs did it - how does that make me a cap cheat? Dole bludger? :lol: Last resorts huh?

Last time I checked, THIRD was higher then FIFTH...... :)
I wouldn't say too much until Bulldogs are higher on the ladder then Sharks

BTW, Cov is a great player no matter how many people like to bag him because of the Covell Stalkers..
Congrats to him for resigning....

gregstar

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
Peter Sterling gave Covell a huge wrap on the sunday footy show a couple weeks back. What would he know?
LOL!

here's some i remember him wrapping from seasons past....

paul carriage
shane kenward

LOL! covells fits nicely

Kingytek

Juniors
gregstar said:
LOL!

here's some i remember him wrapping from seasons past....

paul carriage
shane kenward

LOL! covells fits nicely

And Colin Best is really making a name for himself :lol:

Saint 60

Juniors
Nice to c Covell get a contract for 2 years...

pity he has wombats that would live in his fart dust talking him up all the time...when really he's an average 1st grader at best most of the time.

Inept

Juniors
Sure i'm probably biased in saying this but he is actually a good player and i'm very happy we resigned him. He has played ALOT better than our "superstar" winger darren albert. Lots of little things Covell does is class, like his run up leaps to defuse cross field kicks which many players wouldn't reach and his amazing finishing skills. A good example is in the game last week (or the week before?) where he caught the ball well outside his winger, and realising he didn't have the toe to make it to the line, ran directly at the defender before throwing it outside to scott (who had X with covell) leaving him with a clear run to the line.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
OK, you can praise him, but amazing finishing skills? Any words beyond the norm such as that reduce the credibility of such claims. He isn't amazing in anyway. A good player, but nothing flash.

Breadman

Juniors
Very good news. Solid and smart (on the field) player, he has been going well this year and his kicking has turned around since his stuff ups against the dogs. He's alot better than the baggers give him credit for and way worse than the CWO pump him up to be