What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breakout Season/Surprise Packet 2021

BLM01

First Grade
Great post BLM01 yes you’d think he’d be primed for a big year as F U to Parra

Also digging into his history a bit, there no hint of off field drama, no significant injuries & his tackle efficiency is 94.5% I think he’ll be a good purchase
Look honestly I’m not being by bias because he played junior footy in our region
he’s an honest kid, honest worker
nothing flash but will do the job that we need in the middle
he’s not frightened of it and he just comes with no fuss or fanfare or big $$$
Overlooked at Parra as they have a have a plethora of big island style forwards and probably just not as quick as some others.
Never really got a lot of game time to shine
I think he will add something to our pack, just my opinion

Maddragon99

Juniors
Look honestly I’m not being by bias because he played junior footy in our region
Overlooked at Parra as they have a have a plethora of big island style forwards and probably just not as quick as some others.

He’s a big boy, injury free & can tackle. His build reminds me of Tapine from Canberra. He could tighten up our central defence

blacksafake

First Grade
Does he not have a history of putting his head into the wrong place & being concussed?

Maddragon99

Juniors
As my anticipation & excitement grows for the 2021 season particularly after the acquisition of Alvaro today. Our squad is taking shape, it’s also easy to see why we let Saab go we are stocked with wingers. With 3 spots still to be filled I think we’ll end up with a pretty decent team.

Backs;

Dufty
Pereira
Ravalawa
Lomax
Williame
Feagai x 2
Ramsey

Halves;

Hunt
Norman
Sullivan
Clune
Bird

Forwards;

Vaughan
Kerr
Blacker
Lawrie
Ellis
Alvaro
Merrin
Sims
Ford
Faamausili
Faumaono
Bird
(de Belin)

Hookers

McInnes
Brittian
Hunt

Thoughts?

Ted bartolo

Juniors
If our forward pack intimidate and win the ruck which they haven't done all year I think Hunt will have a standout out year. .It will also help if we pick players on form which Griffin will do..starting to seeing a light at the tunn3

rasaint

Juniors
Many seem to have written off Brayden Williams. A relatively injury free 2021 and he will go very well.Has good speed and nrl experience. Not out of the mix.

possm

Coach
Many seem to have written off Brayden Williams. A relatively injury free 2021 and he will go very well.Has good speed and nrl experience. Not out of the mix.
Max Feagai will make left centre his own. He is a very talented player and will prove to be an outstanding centre. Williame will be good backup. Both players are at the right price for now.

George Dragon

Juniors
Wiliame has played 34 NRL and has the unwanted record of the worst win % of any players to play 30 or more games.
11.5%. 4 wins from 34 games.
This would seem to indicate that he only gets picked in weak teams who are performing badly.
He is a reserve grader at best.

rasaint

Juniors
Fair enough to some extent George Dragon. But:

Brayden still crossed for 12 tries in NRL and went on to 3 seasons in England for Catalan dragons. Scored 34 tries in 77 games. He scored a try in the Catalan Dragons 2018 Challenge Cup win at Wembley in front of 50,000.

In fairness he can not be personally blamed for NRL losses.

Agree Max Feagai is touted as the new ‘next big thing’. I hope he is.

Meantime Brayden needs to be injury free and he will go well.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fair enough to some extent George Dragon. But:

Brayden still crossed for 12 tries in NRL and went on to 3 seasons in England for Catalan dragons. Scored 34 tries in 77 games. He scored a try in the Catalan Dragons 2018 Challenge Cup win at Wembley in front of 50,000.

In fairness he can not be personally blamed for NRL losses.

Agree Max Feagai is touted as the new ‘next big thing’. I hope he is.

Meantime Brayden needs to be injury free and he will go well.
Williame is one of McGuber’s typical journeyman signings. He might be useful to cover for injury during the season but I can’t believe he’d be seriously considered a starter come round one.