What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breath on the neck

Micistm

Bench
I'd drop the likes of Matulino or Lillyman for Ta'ai.

Or you could drop Moon and play Brown in the centres. That frees up a bench spot for Ta'ai.

I like this. Sharkies gone well when he's filled in there, and I'm for Ta'ai getting some time off the bench for impact

ozbash

Referee
I think Luck has a place in the team, but not 2 'Lucks', ie the Luck clone, Mannering.

I suppose if you were to get rid of a defensaholic, it would be Luck.

Cant punt the captain, can you ?

A haters society is a brilliant idea,,, maybe Seymour ?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well for mine Luck would not be in the side, not even on the bench.

Berrigan would be my starting rake, and I would consider Mannering to take Moons place if he does not get better. Too bad Likiliki left.

Locke would be fullback for sure.

As for Seymour, he is NOT a player to run a team around, I certainly think he and Maloney need to swap roles. Maloney to run thew team, do most of the kicking, and Seymour told to set his centres up and give them space, secondary kicker, maily attacking ones for the backs or Locke up the middle.

But hey Ivan is coach.

Meth

Staff member
I think Luck has a place in the team, but not 2 'Lucks', ie the Luck clone, Mannering.

Fair point.

I'd simply like to see Mannering prompted to involve himself more in a structured attack, coordinated by a general of some sort

JB

Juniors
I really don't get all this Luck hate??? It's not his fault that he gets passed the ball in the opposition 20m. It's not his fault that Mannering is a similar player and is the captain.

If you took Luck out of the team, our defense would fall apart.

Cant buy into that. Last 3 years he's missed 8 games with the results being 5 wins 3 losses, and the defence hardly "falling apart". What did happen is that the workload tended to to get shared around more (as some would say it should).

NZ Warrior

First Grade
The only thing that tells me, is that we have a bunch of players that don't do their share, when Luck plays.

I'd be curious to see our win ratio when Price was injured.

MKEB...

Staff member
I would rather see Lillyman play in Lucks place...bends the line more, usually a good defender and tackles with a bit of sting.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Absolute complete 100% disagree.

Our defense may not be as strong, but to say it would fall apart is a slap in the face to every other player on the field who is capable of making tackles without Luck holding their hand.

There are 13 players on the field at any given time (or 14 in Souths case) and if they have the right attitude to defense then that can more than compensate for Luck not being there.

QFT

To say that our other forwards are lazy is the sort of thing I'd expect some hack Aussie pundit to say

We've been a good defensive side who can't attack ever since Cleary took over. 5 f*cking years now of the Warriors boring my balls off. NO MORE LUCK!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
QFT

To say that our other forwards are lazy is the sort of thing I'd expect some hack Aussie pundit to say

We've been a good defensive side who can't attack ever since Cleary took over. 5 f*cking years now of the Warriors boring my balls off. NO MORE LUCK!
the second half of the 2007 (or 08? can't remember now) was fantastic for good attacking football.

so...only 4.5 boring seasons.

Latest posts